Ch.32 Preparations on Both Sides

Sitting on top of his throne, lays the King of the Void. He curses silently to himself, for what could possibly be the tenth time just today. Matt returned yesterday with Nepgear, doing what he said well. Well, not exactly. With Max knowing about their recruitment, it should be blatantly obvious that they are preparing to invade the dimension he is in. Which complicates matters to an incomprehensible level.

Now, the King has had to change his plans, but things should still work out in the end. He scoffs to himself, knowing that he has a smaller chance of pulling this off, but it shouldn't be impossible. Luckily for him, he hired a robotic specialist, Annie, to help gather info on Max, but also gave information on the CPU's and Candidates as well. 

The king starts to balance the blade of his dagger on his fingertip, thinking of the odds of winning and losing and weighing them on what choice will lead to what outcome. After he reviews the data, he will have a more clear outcome to the fight.

He then tosses the blade into the air, and grabs it by the handle, and speaks up. "So, are you going to continue staring at me, or act?" He says out loud, his voice echoing in the large chamber as there seems to be no response.

Then, seemingly out of thin air, a boy appears. The very boy that has been keeping an eye on everything with his turquoise dagger.

"Oh my, I seem to be getting sloppy. Everyone is noticing me." The boy sarcastically remarks, a smirk wide on his face. He holds his dagger in both of his hands, and stares at the King.

"What do you want, second?" The king asks, mainly un-entertained at the boy's interference. The remark, though, hit home as the boy's eyes narrowed, but the smirk on his face only grew into one of malicious content. 

"Oh how harsh! But it isn't as bad as being a lowly 'King', though." The boy strikes back in return, saying one of the few things that angered the king more than anything else.

"Rmm." The king lowly growls, knowing what the boy was talking about entirely. "I could attain the title of Emperor whenever I want to. I prefer King anyhow." The king defends himself.

The two stared at each other, one with hatred and the other with sadistic entertainment. Their stare, however, was cut short as Matt entered the room, but the boy disappeared long before Matt could ever glance at the boy; the last thing to disappear was his wicked smile.

The king sighed, knowing now that there would most likely be more issues down the line with this encounter, especially if he rival was starting to involve his subordinates. True, Max and the current Bound Warriors are a huge thorn in his side, even to the point where they could overthrow the King, but they have no idea of the threats there are besides him. 

The king stood up and walked to the edge of the stairs that led to his throne, and stood there, seeing as two scholars followed Matt as he entered. The king patiently waited for them to make their way across the room to him; the tension when someone was in his presence was cut-able.

As they finally made it to the king, the two scholars bowed in respect to their liege, but Matt rolled his eyes and took his place leaning against the throne. The scholars, who names are hershi and tix, finished their bow before speaking to the King. Hershi has dark brown hair and brown eyes. Tix has a caramel light hair, and brown eyes. They both wear a robe that enshrouds them.

"My lord, we have finished going over the information collected by the contact in Gamindustri." Tix begins, addressing the lord to the best he can muster.

"I expected nothing else." The king cautiously warned, his eyes glowing, not yet over his run in with the boy.

"U-um, y-yes, so who do you want us to tell you about first, my lord?" Tix continued, knowing that the King has some knowledge already from his own visit.