Chapter 2

Remus POV

"Oh no, oh no, oh no!" mumbled Remus that evening in the dorm. James sat on his bed (sorry, on Remus' bed) while Peter and Sirius were playing chess in the common room.

"Relax," said James, "everything is going to be fine. It's not that bad."

"How can I relax?" called Remus in frustration. "I can't play Quidditch! And I don't know how to fly!"

"But you have to," insisted James. "You can't let Gryffindor lose just because of that."

"Prongs," said Remus, and looked directly at his friend, "just think about it for a second. How can I help the team win if I can't fly? And besides, I'm not fast enough to throw the Quaffle through the hoops."

James grinned at him, then crossed his arms over his chest. "Sure you can fly, and you are fast enough. You're me now, remember?"

"Ah, right," said Remus, although he wasn't convinced that he could do it. Only the thought of flying high in the air caused him to feel sick.

"Hey, it will be fine," said James in a cheerful voice. "At least you don't have to worry about turning into a monster in three weeks." As soon as this sentence left his mouth silence fell on the room. Remus choked and sat heavily on James' bed, which was now his. He stared at his feet, can't say a word.

"I'm sorry," said James eventually, when the silence became unbearable. "I didn't mean it like that."

"It's okay," mumbled Remus quietly, still looking at the floor.

"No, it's not okay," said James, and got up. He approached the near bed and sat next to Remus. "I shouldn't have said it." He put his hand on Remus' shoulder. "You know it's not really what I think of you, right?"

Remus just shrugged.

"You're not a monster, Rem."

"Yeah, well, I think I'm going to sleep now." He said and laid on the bed with his back to James, who sighed and got up. There was no point in arguing with Remus when he was like that. Remus heard him going out of the room and closing the door behind him.

~Timeskip~

That night Remus couldn't fall asleep. He thought about what had happened that day, and about what would happen from now on. He would have to pretend that he was someone else.

'Not that it's going to be that hard,' he thought. He had experience in hiding the truth. But pretend that he was James? Well, that was a bit more complicated.

James always bragged and stood out, compared to Remus who always tried to keep on a low profile. James was a popular Quidditch player, and Remus was a quiet student that loved to read and hated opening up to people.

James wasn't ashamed of his love for Lily Evans and chaste after her since their third year. Remus had never told anyone about his love for the boy who was his best friend because he was afraid of rejection. That's right, Remus loved Sirius Black. And he didn't just love him; he was in love with him, ever since their fifth year.

Sirius was everything Remus always loved and wanted. He was always there for him, in the hardest times. He didn't leave him when he figured out his secret and stayed by his side even though he knew what Remus was. He could always make him laugh, cheer him up and make him feel better.

The conversations with Sirius were the most interesting conversations in the world, and the silence with him was interesting as well. He felt safe when Sirius was around and felt emptiness whenever Sirius was away from him.

But he couldn't tell him all that. Tell him meant losing their friendship, and that wasn't something Remus was willing to risk. He didn't have that many friends that he could afford losing one of them.