Chapter 5

Remus POV

After two days as James, Remus started to get used to the idea. He talked to people more easily, instead of thinking so much before every sentence he said. He didn't confuse the beds, and when he needed something he went straight to James' trunk, instead of his own.

Dumbledore informed the situation to all the staff, so Remus could relax in the lessons and stop worrying about James, that couldn't listen to the teachers at all. He spoke to the person who sat next to him (usually it was Sirius) and left James to do the entire grunt work.

In the first few lessons, Remus and James got stared by many of the students that probably wondered why James Potter listened to the Professors instead of act like a fool with his friends, and why Remus Lupin paid no attention to what was going on around him besides Sirius that sat next to him.

Remus didn't want to draw the student's attention, but he knew that there was no chance James could replace him in this matter, and he didn't want to miss any material. He hoped people would stop noticing them, and indeed, after a while, the other students got tired of talking about it.

The only two students that still didn't understand what was the meaning of their friends' odd behaviour, were Sirius and Peter. They kept staring at Remus every time he answered a question right in class, and at James' notebook which was full of scribbles instead of words.

But Remus and James elegantly escaped every one of their friends' questions.

On Wednesday night, while the Gryffindor Quidditch team was having a practice, Remus stayed in the common room, using his injured ankle as an excuse. That was a lie, of course; Madam Pomfrey had fixed his injury immediately, but he didn't want to embarrass himself in public.

The rest of the week passed and Friday came quickly.

Remus sat in James' seat at History of Magic and tried to summarize Professor Bins' words. He suddenly felt someone kicking his leg. He looked aside and saw that Sirius was looking at him.

"What is it, Padfoot?" he whispered.

"I need to talk to you," answered Sirius, whispering as well.

"Is it urgent?" asked Remus and glanced at Professor Bins who kept talking, although nobody listened to him now.

"Yes," said Sirius, "I think I'm going to tell Remus."

Remus froze. He knew exactly what Sirius was talking about, but asked anyway, "Tell him what?"

Sirius peeked over his shoulder, to James and Peter that sat two desks behind them, and then whispered, "That I love him."

Remus glances at James and wondered how he would react if Sirius would come to him and tell him he was in love with him. He would probably freak out. Then he would tell Sirius that there was no chance something could happen between them, even if he was supposed to be Remus. The conclusion; Sirius can't do what he was planning to do.

"I don't think that's such a good idea," he said.

Sirius raised an eyebrow. "Why?"

"Um..." Remus tried to think of an appropriate reason, but nothing came to his mind. "What if... what if he's not feeling the same way? It might make everything awkward between you two." He brought up Sirius' argument from the first night after the switch.

Sirius seemed to consider his words before he said, "I don't care anymore. I'm sick of waiting; I've waited for so long. He needs to know."

At that moment the bell rang, and the students hurried to get out of the class. Sirius stood up and went through the door after James and Peter, and Remus hurried to follow him.