Chapter 7

Remus POV

"You've got three guesses to find out who agreed to go out with me tomorrow," announced Remus to his three marauders friends. They were sitting in the common room in the late afternoon, and he felt as it was a great opportunity to tell them the news.

Peter seemed confused, Sirius looked at him in curiosity and James looked doubtful. "Who?" asked James.

"The whole point of the word guesses is that you'll guess, and not that I'll tell you," grinned Remus.

"Natalie Rodriguez?" asked Peter. Remus shook his head. "Beth Jackson?"

"No, she has her boyfriend"

"Marina Gonza-" Peter was cut by a hit on his head. "Ow! What was that for?"

Sirius rolled his eyes before turning to Remus, "Evans?"

Remus chuckled at the sight of the three mouths that got wide open when he nodded his answer. The shocked look James sent him was the most hilarious of them all.

Sirius shook his head, "I don't believe you, Prongs. Evans wouldn't agree to date you even if you were the last two people on earth. And that's a specific quote of her."

"I guess she changed her mind," Remus smiled at him, "Because last night she definitely agreed. And you should probably get used to calling her Lily."

Sirius smiled as well. "Wayda go, Prongs. It's really about bloody time. Are you alright, Moony?" he asked when he noticed the look on James' face that still seemed shocked.

James swallowed and nodded, then looked at Remus with wide eyes. "Are you serious?"

"As serious as Sirius' name is Padfoot." He was about to say as serious as my name is Moony, but then remembered that wasn't quite true at the moment.

James looked at him unbelievingly. "How the hell did you make her say yes?"

"A true wizard never tells his secrets," laughed Remus. He noticed some spark of restraint emotion in his friend's eyes.

"What's wrong, Moony, jealous?" asked Sirius, wrapping his arm around James' shoulder. "Don't forget you too have a date this weekend, with me."

Each of the Marauders' reaction to his words was different. Peter stared, opened mouth, at James and Sirius, James shifted awkwardly in order to get away from Sirius, and Remus looked at the two, trying to erase any single of jealousy from his face.

"Move your hand, Padfoot," said James and shoved Sirius' hand from his shoulder. "I don't want everyone to know about this. I told you I want to take things slow."

"Alright, alright," Sirius sounded disturbed. "Although Prongs already knows, and I don't think we should hide things from Peter. You don't care, Wormtail, do you?"

Peter nodded, his mouth still open, "o-of course not."

"See?" said Sirius.

"Alright," said James, "but the fact that they both know does not mean all of Gryffindor needs to know." He looked around them, making sure no one in the common room heard them.

Sirius rolled his eyes. "You can be really paranoid some-" before he finished his sentence his eyes got bigger and a smile spread across his face, "Hey, I have an idea!" he called happily and turned to look at Remus. "Let's go on a double date!"

"What?" asked Remus and James at the same time.

"You and me," replied Sirius and pointed towards James and then at himself, "And Prongs and Evans," he continued, pointing at Remus. "Think about it, it can be awesome!"