Chapter 6

Remus POV

On Friday night the four Marauders sat at dinner and planned their next prank. They didn't decide what it will be yet, but they knew it will have something to do with the Slytherins, especially Snape.

Remus didn't really concentrate on his friends' plans. He was busy thinking about his conversation with James that afternoon. He couldn't believe that finally, after all this time he'd been in love with Sirius, he really had a chance with him. He hoped James wouldn't screw it, though.

Remus looked at the handsome guy in front of him, who talked to James and Peter enthusiastically. He was so beautiful, with the black hair that fell gracefully on his forehead, and his full red lips that captured Remus' attention when Sirius talked. Remus wanted to kiss those lips again but knew it would take time until that'll happen. After all, it will be at least two weeks until the Unspells potion will be ready.

Suddenly Remus noticed his friends stopped laughing, and when he looked at Sirius' face again he seemed tense. After glancing at Remus for a second, he turned to James who sat next to him.

"Moony," Remus heard him say, "Can I talk to you for a moment, alone?"

James sent Remus a look that said you'owe me, and then smiled at Sirius and nodded. They both got up from their seats and went out of the Great Hole.

Remus' stomach started to ache and he knew he couldn't do it. He had to know what they were talking about, and if James will keep his promise. He gave Peter some lousy excuse and went after his two friends. At first, he didn't see anyone, but then he noticed the gate to the grounds was open.

He hurried to get the invisibility cloak out of his bag, covered in it and went out. He and James decided it was best if the cloak stays with him for now, in case Sirius or Peter will want to use it. It'd always been at James', and it was better if it will stay that way.

Remus saw Sirius and James sitting next to a big tree by the lake. It was the place where Remus had kissed Sirius last week. He hurried towards them and stopped behind them, close enough to hear what they said but too far to see their expressions.

"-something important to tell you," he heard Sirius' voice. He sounded much more stress than when he'd talked with Remus a few hours ago.

"Oh, really? What is it?" asked James, sounding nervous as well.

"I wanted to tell you this for a long time, but I never found the right time." Said Sirius, and when James didn't the response he continued, "It's hard... I... I'm gay."

There was a short silence between them, and Remus could see the nervous glance Sirius sent to James.

"Oh," he said at least. Remus noticed he'd tried to sound surprised. It sounded a bit pathetic from the side.

"Yeah... I know it's a bit of a surprise, but that's just the way it is..."

"It's okay, Padfoot," said James.

"I'm glad you're okay with it, but that's not all..." Sirius stopped for a second and then continued with a shaking voice, "I'm in love with you, Moony, for a very long time now. I want to be with you. I want to be there for you when you'll need me. I want to make you happy, and I want to see you smile all the time. I want to be there for you at the full moons and help you, and to make sure you'll never have to go through them alone."

Remus remembered his answer for these things; I want all these things too, but he doubted James' answer will be the same.

It took the boy a few minutes to answer, but finally, he said in a clear voice, "That's... that's great, Sirius."