Chapter 12

Again, Sirius POV so when he says James he means Remus and Vise versa

-TL

Sirius POV

Sirius sat under the Marauder's favorite tree in the school grounds, hugging his knees and leaning his head on them. All he could think about was Remus. He lay in the Hospital Wing, unconscious, for a week. It had been the longest and most horrible week of Sirius' life, even more than the time Remus had been mad at him after he'd sent Snape down the whomping willow.

Sirius had been missing Remus every second in the past week since the full moon, and couldn't stop thinking about how he could've prevented it. He was sure the reason for Remus' bad state was because he had to spend the night on his own, without his three animagus friends. If only they had joined him, nothing would've happened. But James insisted he couldn't come... Sirius should've argued more, maybe even force him to come against his will. But he hadn't, and now Remus was in that state.

What was he going to do if Remus wouldn't wake up? He couldn't live without him. And what would he do if Remus would wake up but wouldn't want to be Sirius' friend anymore after he'd left him alone on the shack? Maybe he'll remember all the things Sirius had told him the last time they talked, and wouldn't want to talk to Sirius ever again? But what if he won't wake up, and the last thing Sirius had ever said to him was that he wants to break up with him?

His last conversation with Remus echoed in his head and the only thing he could think about was the look Remus had sent him before Sirius had hugged him and walked away. He had looked guilty, but why? Why would Remus feel guilty after Sirius had broken up with him? If he'd been relieved, or sad, or confused, then Sirius would have understood. But the guilt in his eyes made Sirius wonder just what had been really going on the last past month...

~Flashback~

"Hey, Moons, whatcha doin'?" Sirius sat beside Remus in the common room, closer than he would sit next to James or Peter.

Remus raised his head from the book on his knees and smiled at him. "Reading."

"What are you reading?" Sirius leaned forward to examine the book, but took the chance to get even closer to his friend. With a bit of hesitation he put his arm over Remus' shoulder in a friendly gesture, and felt Remus leaning in to him. It felt good.

"About the spell, switch," Remus replied and returned to look at the book. "Professor Flitwick said we're going to learn about it tomorrow, so I'm trying to be prepared."

Sirius chuckled, "Why do you need to be prepared? You know you'll do it better than all of us anyway."

Remus shrugged, making Sirius' arm move alongside his shoulders. They both laughed.

On the next morning at their Spells lesson, Remus succeeded to cast the spell, just like Sirius had predicted.

"Moony, can you explain it to me again? I don't think I understand the right way to hold the wand," Begged James for the fifth time that lesson.

Remus sighed, lifted his wand and pointed it exactly between his book and quill pen. "It's not that hard," he said. "You just point your wand between the objects, lift it up, then lower it down and say the spell, 'switch'. There, watch," he lifted his wand, then lowered it down and yelled, "Switch!" The book and quill were gone for a second until they showed up, each in the other's place.