I. UNEXPECTED OFFERING

You were sitting on the porch of your humble house that you made by yourself about a year ago ( with a little bit of Owen's help obviously ). It was the biggest challenge you had ever done, but it was worth it. You were offered one of the finest rooms in the resort, but you turned it down, because living in the centre of everything isn't really your thing. You like it here, where it's quiet and only yours. The house wasn't much, but it was home. A small cabin in the woods of Isla Nublar. It had a bedroom, bathroom, kitchen & living space, but the part you loved the most was the porch and the breathtaking view. You never got tired of it - a beautiful large lake sorrounded by trees and the occasional apperance of a brachiosaurus.

You were just thinking about what you could teach your raptors next: Some kind of a trick with food, should i try racing them? We could try playing hide and seek

You were just thinking about what you could teach your raptors next: Some kind of a trick with food, should i try racing them? We could try playing hide and seek... you thought to yourself...or mabye i should try teaching them how to NOT eat people first. Yeah, that's probably a good idea.
As those thoughts were going through your head, your computer screen turned on and you saw that it was Alex calling you over Skype. What is this all about? He wasn't suppose to call for another week... you thought. You two had decided that you call each other every Sunday, and talk over Skype every end of the month. It wasn't Sunday and it wasn't the end of the month, so you got scared. This had never happened before, you two have always kept to the schedule. Mabye it's an emergency? You emediatley answered: "Hello? Alex, is everything alright?" you asked a little scared.
"Hey Y/N. Yes, i'm perfectly okay." he said in a very exsausted, but still exciting tone. You relaxed at this and asked: "So what's up? We weren't suppose to talk for another week, so i know something's up. What is it?"
Alex's sighed and answered: "Okay, so you know how i'm graduating next year. Well, the principle said that all of us students need 3 weeks of 'work experience' so we can graduate. All of my friends got jobs at local shops and restaurants, but i don't feel like that is something i would enjoy...you know me." he laughed. "...So i was wondering if you could mabye talk to some of your people and try to get me a job at Jurassic World. I know you like it there and i trust you, so i know i'll like it too. And i want to do something different and exciting, not basic and boring. Could you do that for me? Pleasee?"
There was so many thoughts going through you head: He wants to work here? Can i do it? Will he be dissapointed if i can't get the job for him? Omg, he'll see Owen after all these years and i'll see him in person too, what if he sucks at his job and gets fired, will it affect me?... You got snapped back into reality with Alex knocing on the computer screen.
"Oh yeah right, sorry." you apologised, "Of course i'll get you the job. Don't even worry about it. I am going to go arrange it right now."
You saw the biggest smile appear on Alex's face: "Yess! Thank you so much Y/N. But just so you know, i'm an amazing employee, so you better watch out."
You started laughing: "Hahaha, you wish. I'm the one responcible for what kind of a job you get here, so don't say anyting else stupid or i might just get you to clean up dino poop."
But Alex, being the tease he is, decided to keep the 'joke' going: "I don't want to beat you at your own game, you know. And i deffinitely don't want to babysit my baby sister while i'm there."
You didn't find his 'joke' funny, so you just laughed at how stupid and basic it was: "Jesus Alex, why do you always make this same joke and expect it to be funny. I'm not even a baby. I'm only one year younger than you... I'll just go get you your stupid job now."
Alex made a kissy face to the screen and said in a sarcastic voice: "Byee baby, i love you." You just rolled your eyes "Love you too, dumbass", and closed your laptop.

⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪

At Alex's highschool

Alex's school day just finished. He decided that he wants a friend to go with him to Jurassic World, because he knew that working there would be even more fun with someone else. And the trip there was long, so a companion would be nice.
He asked all of his best friends, but all of them already had a job. Every single person from his generation already had plans, so it looked like he would be alone.

When he walked out of the school, he saw Zach, one of his younger friends, standing by what looked like his mom's car. Zach was a sophomore, but Alex still decided to go and try to convince him to go with him. Besides, he won't be able to say no infront of his mom... Alex thought. He jugged over to the car and greeted Zach and his mom: "Hey Zach, Mrs Mitchell."

Zach's pov

Alex came up to me and my mom and said hi. I was surprised, because we have mutual friends and we are on the same football team, but we never really hang out alone. Since he's older and honestly a little intimidating, i politley greeted back: "Hey Alex, what's up?"
I could hear it in his voice that he was a little desperate: "So i was wondering if you'd like to come with me to Jurassic World. I got a job there and i wanted to invite someone with me so i won't be bored. None of my classmates wanted to do it, so i decided to try my luck with you. So, do you wanna come?"
I was so shocked at this offer. I really didin't want to go. Are you kidding me, spending my summer with Alex Rivero? No thank you.
So i decided to decline it with an excuse: "Look Alex, im really busy this summer and..."
But of course my mom had to step in: "Zach would love to come, isn't that right Zach?"
I sighed and rolled my eyes.
"Oh and i'll call your auntie Claire, you know she works there. And Gray can come too after you finish working. This will be fun. A family vacation with some responcibility for you Zach. You need it."
She turned her head to Alex and said: "He's going and he's going to like it." And we drove away. I couldn't even protest. Damnit mom... thanks a lot.