IX. HOSKINS

Y/n and Zach pulled up to Owen's raptor enclousre. They got off and started walking up the iron stairs built around the cage. On the way up, they ran into a guy with dark skin and dark brown eyes.
"Hey Barry. Have you seen Owen?" y/n greeted the man.
"Oh hey Y/n. I'm on my way up to talk to him right now. Come." he said. She and Zach followed.

They got to the top and saw Owen training his raptors again. He was standing on top of the bridge that streched across the whole cage. The instructions he was giving his four creatures were very simple and they obeyed him.
Y/n, Zach and Barry didn't want to intrude so they just watched him.

Once in a while Zach looked at y/n. His heart melted when he saw her smiling at those creatures and seeing the spark in her eye that she had when she looked at them. The love she felt for those creatures was evident.

When Owen finished up a guy with gray hair and a grey beard walked up to him, applauding slowly, almost mockingly.
"Owen!" He yelled as he walked up to him on the bridge, "My man."
"What's up?" Owen said pushing past him, rolling his eyes.

Y/n saw Hoskins before, a previous encouter with him that didn't go that well. He saw her with her raptors once, and tried to convince her to do a field test with them. She obiviously refused, not wanting to use her babies for some military test and risk their lives.
She remembered this all to well. "Ugh!" she said out loud and started marching up to him and Owen. "Y/n wait." Zach said and went after her.

"What do you want Hoskins?" Owen asked.
"A field test." he said with and evil smile on his face.
"Don't listen to him Owen." y/n said as she walked up to them, Zach right behind her.
"Y/n. I want a field test with your raptors as well."
"I already told you - No!"
"Oh come on guys. I've just seen that they can respond to commands."
"They're wild animals Hoskins, you don't want them in a field." Owen told him.
"I just saw a bond between man and beast. Yours is even stronger y/n." he said looking back and forth between them.
"The military needs this. Some people think robots are the future, but nature gave us the most effective killing maschies 75 million years ago. And now we know they can take orders."
"You have no idea how all of this is biologically impossible, it's one of the greatest accomplishments in human history - bringing back an extinct species that dominated our planet. And the first thing that goes through that thick head of yours is to make a weapon!?" y/n raised hed voice a bit, getting really protective and annoyed.
"You are one smart kid y/n." Hoskins said and continued 'lecturing' them: "Guys, it's grown up time. Drones can't search tunnels and caves, and they're hackable. The minute a real war breaks out all that fancy tech's gonna go dark."
"But the tech's not going to eat them if the forget to fead it." Owen said, getting really annoyed as well.
"These guys are gonna run straight into the enemy and eat them."
"You come here and you don't learn anything about these creatures exept what you want to know." Owen said.
"You made them and now you think you own them." y/n stepped in.
"We do own them. Extinct animals have no rights." Hoskins said confidently.
"They're not extinct anymore Hoskins." y/n said. Zach smirked at the statement. She was right.
"Exactly! We're sitting on a gold mine! And Masrani is using them to make a petting Zoo. This is not what they were made for. Hammond didn't know what he was doing, neiter does Masrani."
After hearing her grandfater's name, y/n had enough, so did Owen.
"This will not happen. I will not risk my raptor's lives for some stupid military exercise. They're living creatures, but your cold, metal heart can't understand that. All you see is a weapon."
"Woo, she is upset." Hoskins said smirking. Zach tensed up, getting prepared to deffend y/n if neccesary.
"You heard her Hoskins." Owen said, patting y/n on her shoulder.
"This is happening! With or without you two. Progress always wins."
"Mabye progress should loose for once." Owen said and walked away with y/n.

"Ugh, im just so mad right now!" y/n exclaimed, while walking down the stairs. "It's okay y/n. I won't let this happen. I know how much your raptors mean to you." Owen told her. She thanked him and gave him a sideways hug. "I'm going to go check on them right now." y/n said and quickly walked away, the worry clear in her voice. Zach wanted to follow, but Owen stopped him: "Hey... Zach right?"
"Yes sir, i mean Owen."
"Know that those raptors mean everthing to her. She can't live without them. So just a warning, she can be very protective. And don't offend them in any way. She once almost threw an employee into the cage, because he called them ugly. She didn't tho. She wouldn't." Owen said chuckling.
"Okay, thank you." Zach said and ran after y/n. He smiled to himself.

Zach's pov
She's...just perfect. I am so impressed. All girls back home are such assholes compared to her. How did i ever like them? Ew.
Y/n is so much different. In a good way. I love this girl. She changed me as a person, i think for the better.
Speaking of y/n, here she comes.

I was walking to the other cage, wanting to meet her raptors. I'm not going to lie, they're terrifying creatures, but they mean a lot to y/n, so i'll risk my life to meet them if i have to.
As i was about to enter the first door, she came out and shusshed me. "They're asleep." she whispered in her beautiful voice.
"Oh okay. Were are we going now?" i asked, wanting more, y/n time.
"You want to go somewhere else? It was a long day. I want to go to sleep." she said yawning.
"Can i come with you?" i was trying my luck, mabye she will let me go to her house. She had a confused smile on her face: "I mean, i would say yes, but Gray is alone with Alex in your room. You said you have to be with him 24/7."
Dang it Gray, i knew your arrival here will rouin something, Zach thought.
"Yea, fine. I'll go to him."
"I'll see you tomorrow Zach. Goodnight." she said and walked away.

Y/n's pov
Zach wanted to come to my house and be alone - with me! Wow... I really wanted him to come, but i know Gray'll get scared if Zach isn't with him in the morning...
I still can't believe this...

I laughed at my thoughts and went to sleep.