XI. GYROSPHERE

In the control room

Claire walked into the control room. Everyone was staring at her. She had a scared look on her face as she spoke quietly: "Everyone...remain...calm." She took a deep breath and continued talking to Lowery: "The implant will shock it if it gets too close to a perimeter fence."
"Okay, it's moving really fast." Lowery said.
"This is control..." Vivian started, but Masrani cut her off: "Put down the phone!"
"Sorry, i'm getting new information. Everything is fine." she said.
Masrani was calm: "The accet will be captured quietly. The very existence of this park is based on our ability to handle incidents like this. It was a mistake."
Lowery started mocking them: "You should put that in the brochure - Eventually one of these things will eat somebody."
Claire: "That paddock is 4 miles away from the closest attraction. ACU can hamdle this, no one else is going to get..."
"Eaten?" Lowery finished her sentence.

⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪

Y/n, Zach and Grey were currently on a train taking them to the Gyrospheres.
Y/n was sitting at the very right, Zach was in the middle and Gray was by the window.
After a while of silence between them, Gray turned to Zach: "If mom and dad get divorced will one of us be with mom and the other with dad?"
Zach turned to him, confused, not interested in what he was saying: "What? Why would you say that?" he asked with no emotion.
"Because they are."
"No they're not getting...They're not getting devorced."
Gray brushed away a tear. Y/n turned around and listened to the two brothers.
"Look, you haven't been around long enough. They've always been this way." Zach told his little brother, with some more emotions this time.
"They're getting emails from two different lawyers."
"That doesn't mean anything."
"I googled. They're divorce lawyers."
Zach couldn't come up with anything to say. He realized his brother might be right. He decided to try and make him feel better, but it didn't really come out the way he wanted it to: "Yeah, well, whatever. You know what, it doesn't matter. Okay, i'm going to be gone in two years anyways. I mean all my friends' parents are divorced. And... Um..." he looked over at Gray who was now crying. Y/n wanted to help, but decided to stay out of it, because it was family issues.
"Hey, knock it off." Zach told Gray with a hint of anger in his voice. Gray shook his head.
"You're gonna cry?" Zach sighed: "Look, you're going to get two of everything, right. Two birthdays, two thanksgivings..." Gray cut him off: "I don't want two of everything."
"Yeah well it's not up to you. Alright, there's a point were you have to grow up."
"Oh for for goodness sake." Y/n said standing up, having enough. She scooted over Zach, her 'behind' being right in Zach's face for a second. He got turned on a bit by it, but looked at what she was saying instead.
She sat down next to Gray.
"Hey, Gray?" she said, he looked at her with wet eyes. She pulled a tissue paper from her pocket and gave it to him.
"Listen, you could've had it a lot worse than divorce. Look at me for example. I would give everything for my parents to be divorced rather than dead. You don't have it as bad as some people. I know it's hard, but you'll get over it, i promise. Besides, it's not decided yet. Mabye they won't do it because of you too. You'll see. Just look on the bright side of things, okay?" she said and he nodded, and smiled at her. "Thanks y/n." Gray said and hugged her. She smiled and hugged back.
Zach was feeling a lot of things at that moment. Jealousy for his little brother, pity for him, but also even more love for y/n and her amazing comforting skills. He wanted to say something, but the train stopped. "You're on vacation, don't think about it. Let's go have fun." y/n told Gray, she smiled and nodded.

All three left the train and headed for the line to go on the gyrospheres.

⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪

In the control room

The control room door opened and Owen walked in, very angry: "What the hell happened out there!? There are thermal cameras all over that paddic, she did not  just dissapear!"
Claire sighed and turned around: "It must've been some kind of a...tehnical malfunction."
"Were you not wathcing!? She marked up that wall as a distraction! She wanted us to think she escaped!"
"Hold on, we are talking about an animal here!" Claire said, trying to deny Owen's statement.
"A highly intelligent animal!" Owen told her.
"400 meters to the beacon." Vivian announced. Everyone looked up at the screen, showing the ACU team, going to capture the hybrid.
"You're going after her with non lethals?" Owen aksed seriously.
"We have 26 million dollars invested into this accet, we can't just kill it." Masrani told him.
"Those men are going to die. You need to call this mission off! Call it off!" Owen yelled.
"You are not the one in control here!" Claire said confidently, but the fear was clear in her voice.