3

"(Y/n)! It's been forever!" Daiki called as he sprinted towards me and glomped me.

"Daiki! I've told you not to call me that!" I exclaimed angrily.

"No one's around!"

"We're in a parking lot, there could very easily be someone here!"

"Moving on. Anyway, kid, how ya doin'?" He ruffled my hair, causing me to shake my head and smooth it.

"How do you think I'm doing?" I snapped sarcastically.

"Hey, you've still got an attitude! I can see you're doing just fine! Hey, you're not still blaming yourself for what happened, are you?" His mood suddenly changed from excitement to worry.

"I just...I keep failing. It's like an endless cycle of fear and worry that I can't escape." I sighed and looked down. "What am I doing?" I said before lookibg up, feeling a slight sense of peace.

"Don't worry," he comforted. "We'll get through this together." He grabbed my hand and squeezed it.

"Thanks, Daiki," I said.

"Alright! I want you to practice last time's reactions, then we'll work on some new ones!" You nodded.

"I was actually practicing one earlier today," I commented. "I think I'm close to perfecting it."

"Glad to hear it!" he said.

--time skip--

I set down my bag and lay down on the soft, lush grass. I was in a huge field of grass with an occasional patch of trees and some flowers here or there. Closing my eyes, I inhaled, savoring the sweet smell of the plants around me. Daiki had shown me that place. It was like a secret place for the two of us to relax and be alone. I slowly opened my eyes and began to gaze at the clouds.

"What do I do?" I muttered, rolling onto my side. I was so lost in thought that I would've dozed off if not for a voice that disturbed me.

"What are you doing here?" I opened my eyes and saw an....interesting boy. Normally, I wouldn't have taken note of any of his features, but this boy's hair was hard not to notice. It was split down the middle, white on the left (your left) and red on the right. I also noticed his uniform and recalled seeing him in class earlier. After all, that red and white hair was hard to miss. I simply gave him a blank stare, even more emotionless than the one that said male possessed.

"I could ask you the same." I swore I almost saw him raise an eyebrow with wide eyes, but I was unable to confirm it, as the expression was gone as soon as I noticed it.

"This is my spot to relax...it lets me escape all of my troubles and stress. And with the Sports Festival coming up soon, I figured this would be a good place to train," the boy explained. I stood up.

"I had the same idea." I swore the boy's face showed slight confusion before I realized that I had put a jacket over my uniform to hide myself. I pulled my hood down and unzipped my jacket just enough to show my uniform. The boy nodded in understanding.

"You're (F/n), right? The new kid in Class 1-A?"

"Yes, that is me." The boy stared at me for a bit before sitting down. "I...also come here to relax. There's been a ton on my mind lately and I just need a way to escape from it all." I sat down next to him, hugging my knees to my chest. I heard a simple grunt in return.

"If you need to talk about something, you can always just tell me. I know how hard it is to deal with something alone," the boy offered.

"Thanks for the offer, but I don't think you'd understand. Things have been pretty crazy." I made up a stupid excuse to avoid further questioning. It was honestly appalling how easily people could be fooled.

"Alright. You don't have to share. Only if you feel comfortable doing so."

The two of us stayed chatting until the sun started to set. The boy stood up suddenly.

"I have to leave; I'm sorry. It was nice meeting you, (F/n). I'm Shouto Todoroki. I'll see you at school tomorrow," he said with a small wave before dashing off.

"How interesting..."