7

Note 6/10/20: You new readers may not know this, but this is a completely new chapter. In other words, it wasn't originally part of the story. But while editing the end of chapter 6.5, I decided I needed to change things and add more interactions (especially more meaningful ones) between Todo and Y/n, so I added their interaction there and their conversation here. 

After a few minutes of discussion, Todoroki and I finally agreed on a small nearby cafe. We sat down at a table near the window.

"I was really impressed by your performance back there. Especially your flames. They were so cool! I loved them! I didn't know you had two quirks," I said. He nodded.

"It's...something I don't like to talk about, but yes, I do."

"Oh, sorry. I didn't know it was a sensitive topic. Sorry for bringing it up." Todoroki shook his head.

"Don't apologize. You didn't know. Someday...someday I'll tell you," he said. I nodded.

"Right. Anyway, you hesitated while fighting Bakugou, I think his name was. Why was that?" I could see Todoroki tense up after I asked. "Sorry. Sensitive topic?" He nodded. I sighed. "Don't worry, I completely understand. We all have things we'd rather not talk about."

"That reminds me...I have something I need to ask you," he said sternly. I gulped but managed to keep my composure.

"What's that?"

"Why did you transfer into our class?" I froze, a million thoughts running through my head.

"I... I can't tell you that. I'm sorry. Eventually I'll tell you, but I don't feel that now is the right time. It's...it's complicated," I eventually said.

"I understand. It's just...there are so many things about you I don't understand. Why did you transfer in the middle of the year? Why are you so secretive? Why didn't you participate in the sports festival?" Ah. So he noticed. It wasn't that it would be hard to notice, but no one else had seemed to notice or care that I hadn't participated.

"I'll answer all of those questions when the time comes. It's not that I don't trust you. I just need time to decide if and how I should tell anyone. But I can assure you that when I'm ready, you'll be the first one I tell."

"Just know that if you need any help, you can always ask me," Todoroki offered. I almost smiled.

"Got it." We sat for a few more minutes, sipping our drinks. Both of us drank extremely slowly, probably trying to lengthen the time we got to spend together.

"I should probably get going. Goodbye, (Y—F/n)," Todoroki said, getting up.

"Goodbye. See you tomorrow," I said, waving.