4

Even in my secret area, I barely had any time to plan. Normally, I'd bring my notebook and work on plans, but seeing as I wasn't alone there anymore, I decided not to. Either way, I enjoyed my time there. I could spend hours staring at the sky and trees around, yet it still was too short. I would live there if I could, but I didn't really have any skill in construction and I would need some sort of shelter to shield me from the weather.

Lying down on the soft grass, I put my hands under my head as a pillow. I then heard footsteps.

"I can leave if you want," I said, knowing who it was. Todoroki and I were the only ones who knew about this place.

"It's fine. Plus, you're quiet enough. Being with you is like being in solitude," he stated bluntly as he sat down. Remaining silent, I turned onto my side so I was facing him. For a moment, it seemed as if my emotionless facade was melting away. I closed my eyes.

Eventually, I spoke.

"Wanna train together?" I looked away, not wanting him to see my reaction.

"Sure," he replied quietly. I stood up, a hint of a smile on my face.

"Okay then, let's go." I challenged. He stood up as well and created ice all around me. Before I could move forward, he encased my feet in ice, immobilizing me.

"That goes to me," Todoroki said confidently, looking away briefly.

"I think you're forgetting something," I sneered. He instantly looked back at me to see the ice melting. I showed him some salt falling from my hand as an explanation. He froze my hands as well. "Not gonna work, amigo," I taunted as I used even more salt to melt the ice.

Though he seemed reluctant to do so, he eventually encased me in a huge block of ice. I couldn't breathe or move. I created more salt gradually until the block started to shrink slightly. I wasn't sure how much time I had left. I didn't know if I could survive long enough to melt it all. As my eyes started to close, I felt the block rapidly melt and I was met with a panicked Todoroki.

"I'm so sorry! Are you okay?!" I gave a weak thumbs up.

"Aside from you almost killing me, yes," I spat bitterly. After seeing his guilty face, though, I instantly regretted it. I sighed and added, "Don't worry, I just feel a bit tired, and that's just because I used my quirk so much."

"Why don't you lay down?" Todoroki suggested. I gladly agreed and lay down on the grass. He soon followed suit.

"You're lucky," I said quietly, breaking the silence. He turned to face me, looking slightly alarmed at how sudden that was.

"Not really..." he trailed off. I scowled. So many people had simple everyday inconveniences and acted as if these problems were the end. I had experienced worse in two years than most people experienced in their entire lives. He stared at my scowling face and sighed, turning to look the other direction. I did the same, managing to somehow eventually fall asleep.

Todo's POV

It was getting dark... I needed to get going, but I couldn't just leave (F/n) alone in an empty field at nighttime. That would just be rude. After a while, I heard (ringtone) play and figured it was from her phone. She still wasn't waking up. Eventually, the phone stopped ringing and started to ding. A lot. Getting annoyed, I followed the dings to find her phone in her bag.

52 new messages

Dai-kid: (Y/N) ARE YOU OKAY?!

(Y/n)...? I thought in confusion. I continued to read the messages as new ones arrived every second.

Dai-kid: WHY AREN'T YOU ANSWERING

Dai-kid: (Y/N) YOU'D BETTER ANSWER ME!!

I figured I should stop this poor guy's worrying and respond.

(F/n): This is (F/n)'s friend. She fell asleep while we were hanging out and I found her phone. Chill, dude.

Friend? Am I really her friend? I pressed send and no more than a second later, I received another message.

Dai-kid: THANK GOODNESS! I thought they had gotten her! Wait. (Y/n) has friends??!! When did that happen and why didn't she tell me?! Well thank you! What's your name? I need to know my little sister's friends!

(F/n): (Y/n)? What do you mean? Who's that?

Dai-kid: oOps! I meant (F/n)! My bad d(^_^o)

Dai-kid: So tell me! I want to know about my sister's friend! ( ˃̶͈̀˂̶͈́)੭ꠥ⁾⁾

I wasn't buying it, but I decided to just go with it.

(F/n): I find this rather pointless. (F/n) can tell you about me later if you want.

Dai-kid: Geez, you're just like her! Is that actually you, (F/n)?_;)

I sighed and looked over at (F/n) before checking the time. 6:17. I wanted to just leave (F/n) and let her wake up on her own, but I was also concerned that she could possibly stay asleep and worry her brother. Tapping her shoulder, I gently whispered her name. She snapped up immediately and assumed a defensive position, holding her fists in front of her face.

"Who's there?! Oh, it's just you," she said, lowering her guard. I could feel the embarrassment radiating from her.

"It's 6:17. Shouldn't you be getting home?" I asked.

"Yeah...I guess so."

"By the way, your brother called and left you about 50 texts."

"Brother...? Oh, Daiki? He's like that. It's rather annoying," she said. "As you mentioned, I should be  going. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Goodbye...(Y/n)."

Edit 6/10/20: Added a scene where they fight and changed some details and dialogue.

When I edit I kind of jump from paragraph to paragraph randomly (sometimes even in the middle of editing another paragraph), so let me know if anything seems weird since I might've missed something that I should've changed.