6.5

I was about to walk out of the classroom to go watch the Sports Festival when I remembered something crucial that could be disastrous if not fixed. No, stop it, (Y/n), you know better than anyone that you shouldn't do it now: it could change everything, I scolded myself. Despite being aware of the possible drastic consequences of giving in to my temptation, the urge was too much to resist. I stopped walking and put my bag on a desk so that I'd have free hands. I waited for Todoroki to leave the room in order to prevent being seen by someone, especially when that someone happened to be a frequently encountered acquaintance. After falling succumbing to my temptation, I sighed. This is probably going to get me killed or something, I thought as I pulled out my jacket string.

Funnily enough, that was the missing piece.

Eventually, Todoroki had to fight Broccoli. For the first time in years, I felt excitement and anxiety. I knew Todoroki would probably win, but the thought of him losing still lingered in my mind. Perhaps my absence of friends all those years had something to do with the apathy I had developed over time. Maybe all I needed was to have a friend to talk to. No, stop that. You don't need anyone but yourself, I told myself.

During the match, Broccoli kept screaming to Todoroki. With just the little bit I'd seen of him, I figured he was probably giving him life advice or something like that. After looking closer and examining Todoroki's expression afterwards, I figured that's probably what it was. As cheesy as it was, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit happy for Todoroki. After the duo finished their little support group session, Todoroki burst into flames and started hurling them at Broccoli. Impressive. If we worked together, I could provide gasoline and we'd be unstoppable.

Details aside, Todoroki ended up coming in second place overall. Bush came in first and Crow came in third. How disappointing. I thought he had potential, yet he lost to the stupid bush who absolutely refused to accept the victory. Just shut the bloody heck up and deal with it. That's how I'd gotten through the past few years of my life. Maybe if he weren't so annoying, I'd give him some helpful tips on surviving and coping with life's hardships without making everyone else's life a bloody nightmare. Alas, I'd have to save it for after I completed my mission. Not like he'd listen to me anyway.

Eventually, the Sports Festival ended, leaving me with an unexpected victory. As I left the school, I saw Todoroki out of the corner of my eye. I walked over to him.

"Yo, nice job getting second," I greeted. He nodded. I hesitated for a moment, pondering my next action. Should I ask him to hang out, or would that be wasting my precious time? After a moment of staring at him without saying anything, I finally made my decision. "Want to do something together to celebrate your victory?"

"Sure." Todoroki seemed shocked, but he didn't seem to be opposed to the idea.

"Alright, Mr. Second Place, where to?" You're playing a dangerous game, (Y/n), but just this once I want to enjoy myself.

Edit 6/10/20: Changed some stuff and added in an extra scene with Todo and Y/n. Also I realized that I forgot to actually add in what she did during the first paragraph and fixed it so oops.