18

"DAIKI!" I cried out without even thinking. I was shaking and my heart both racing and breaking. Yet, as much as my body felt like it was going to cry, it was if i had forgotten how. No tears fell. There was no use crying. (C/n) grinned sadistically and I stood up.

"(F/n)! I've got this! You go get your stupid brother!" Bakugou yelled as he started producing explosions.

"Bakugou, no! You don't know her quirk! If anything, Todoroki is the only one here who'd stand a chance against it and he's in no state to fight!" I started producing hydrogen fluoride and launching it at her. However, her many layers of clothing prevented it from doing much harm. My vision was getting blurry and I was losing my balance. I tried to shoot more concentrated acids and bases at her, but I was slowly losing my strength. My eyes slowly shut and I collapsed onto Todoroki.

---------

"(F/N)?!" called Bakugou. "WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER?!" (C/n) laughed insanely.

"I didn't do anything! The idiot did it to herself! She's always like that, too stupid to realize she's harming herself! Must be why she's so easy to defeat!" (C/n) said in a taunting voice. Bakugou lost it and blew up. Literally and figuratively. He caused a giant explosion that likely hurt Todoroki and (F/n) as well as (C/n). He fell to the ground, panting in rage. He walked over to Todoroki and (F/n). He picked up (F/n) and carried her in his arms while simply dragging Todoroki on the ground. He walked outside and found a man lying unconscious right next to the door. He growled and screamed at him.

"ARE YOU (F/N)'S STUPID TIME BROTHER?! WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON THE GROUND?!" Bakugou screamed. The man stirred and eventually his eyes slowly, being met with the sight of a glaring Bakugou holding (F/n) (and Todoroki, but only kind of).

"ACK! Oh no, what happened while I was asleep?!"

"WHAT HAPPENED?! WHAT HAPPENED IS THAT THAT STUPID PSYCHOPATH IN THERE MOCKED (F/N) AFTER SHE AND HALF AND HALF COLLAPSED AND I PROBABLY KILLED THEM ALL!" Bakugou screamed. The man looked shocked and concerned, yet his words were the complete opposite. He gave a slight grin.

"Whoa, (Y/n) is sure popular with the boys!"

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?! (F/N)'S PROBABLY DEAD AND ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY IS THAT SOME RANDOM GIRL IS POPULAR WITH BOYS?!"

"Oh! She didn't tell you? Tsk tsk, she's so secretive. (Y/n) is (F/n)! (F/n) is her fake name! She needs to hide her identity, so she uses an alias! But it looks like Todoroki has some competition!" the man chirped. This made Bakugou even more angry.

"THAT'S ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY?! YOUR SISTER IS POSSIBLY DEAD AND YOU'RE MAKING JOKES?! YOU WEREN'T EVEN AWAKE TO HELP!!"

"I couldn't help that! I used my power for too long and I collapsed! I've been asleep since the moment time started moving again. Actually, it's the other way around!" The man grinned. "Anyway, I'm Daiki! Not a pleasure to meet you! Anyway, I still don't have enough energy to turn back time and save them, so for the time being we'll just take them to the hospital so they can heal. Then we'll turn back time to right before (Y/n) transferred to the UA and we'll restart this whole process! I'll take Todoroki so you don't hurt him even more. I'll let you hold (Y/n). She belongs to Todoroki, but I'll take pity on you and let you have the privilege of holding her." Bakugou turned cherry red and snarled. Daiki smiled innocently and, after picking up Todoroki, started running towards the hospital.

When Bakugou stood staring, Daiki turned around and called for Bakugou. "Hurry up or I'll take away your right to carry (Y/n)!"

-----------------------

I opened my eyes. How did I get here? As if he could read my mind, Daiki, who I just noticed, spoke.

"Your friend and I took Todoroki here," he said. I cocked my head. "The explosion one that likes you." I heated up. Likes me?!

All I managed out was, "He's not a friend. Simply an ally." Daiki raised his eyebrows but didn't push.

"You and your boyfriend are actually doing surprisingly well considering you two were just caught in a massive explosion. I thought I was going to have to turn back time with Explosion Boy to save you two, but if you two keep healing, that won't be necessary!" Daiki smiled. The mention of time reminded me of our mission. My eyes widened slightly.

"What...is today?" I asked hesitantly.

"It's the 26th of May! But don't worry! Time's been changed! Bakugou's explosion either killed (C—her or injured her enough to postpone the event!" Daiki exclaimed with a smile and was about to throw himself onto me in a hug before I pushed him away, as I was a bit sore. What I did next surprised both of us. I let out a huge grin.

"Bakugou...Thank you," I whispered. Our celebration was cut short by a doctor who wished to speak to me alone. Daiki left the room and I tensed up.

"No need to be worried. I'm just here to ask something about your quirk," he reassured. I relaxed slightly. "Have you ever wondered how your quirk works?" I cocked my head.

"What about it, Sir?"

"You're a bright girl. Think about the laws of science. There's one that your quirk seems to defy. Not that quirks follow the laws of science. But yours is especially peculiar." I thought for a moment before coming to a realization.

"Law of conservation of energy," I said. The doctor nodded.

"Well I have an explanation for that."