Chapter 3 - I Am an Unexpected Trainee

I was displeased on the fact that the guy killed the two Ravens, but still, I was thankful that I didn’t die here in this unknown place. I hung the two rods on my waist and walked towards the mysterious archer. Cody was walking lamely like all his ribs were just broken. When I was several feet away from him, a girl came running towards me with her sword raised while yelling, like a barbaric Amazon. I quickly drew again the shorter rod and transformed it into a sword to block her slash on my head. The girl is amazingly strong for her size and her physical appearance. She put more force on her sword which made me lower mine.

“Who are you?!” The girl asked with a fierce voice.

“I am not an enemy!” I fought the girl and tried to push her away. “I am Tristan, and I’m looking for the guild!”

I felt the force she was giving on my sword faltered. I looked at her face and noticed that she was like surprised or whatever when I said I was looking for the guild. She eventually put down her sword and sheathed it.

“What is your business with the guild?” She asked in an investigative manner. The archer guy went to us as he hangs his bow across his body.

“I want to save my dad. Bilbo and Slugger told me about the guild. They said the guild can help me.” The sword returned to its normal rod form. “And you two are?”

“I am Lea and he’s Elethor.” The girl, Lea, is probably about twelve years old too. Her natural red hair was tied back in a ponytail, revealing her cute and gentle expression. Yes she has a gentle expression that looked awkward the way she yelled at me a little while ago.

Elethor was a bit different. His shoulder length white hair flows with the wind like those in every shampoo commercials. His ears were a little bit longer than the humans’ but shorter than the elves’. He has a fair white skin that every girl might get insecure. They were both wearing a blue padded armor with a dirty white shirt under it. They wore dark brown pants with their sword’s sheath hanging on their sides. Their maroon boots seemed to be too old for them, or maybe it is the only kind of footwear they have in Windlemoore.

“Who’s your father? And why do you have those ancient weapons?” Lea investigated.

“My father is Alexander and these are his weapons.” I answered shortly.

“Alexander?” Elethor frowned. “The intruder?”

“Yes he is.”

“So you mean you are the intruder’s son?” Lea uttered like she has just been freed from her burden.

“Well, I suppose I am.” I said in a slightly proud manner. “By the way, what are you? I mean you’re humans, I think. But are you some kind of explorers? Or travelers?”

“We’re from the guild. We’re patrolling the perimeter around the guild for potential threats.” Lea explained as she looked around like she was looking for another Raven to kill. “And oh, Elethor isn’t purely human.”

“The guild?!” I exclaimed. “Thank God! We’ve been searching for hours! Can you bring us there?”

“Alright, follow me.” Lea uttered.

We were walking on a straight path led by Lea and Elethor. Our weapons were drawn, being ready for sudden attacks from the enemies. We walked silently and cautiously because there were hidden traps placed everywhere. That was what Elethor said. We walked around a trap hole covered with dead leaves and twigs, we stepped over a string that when tripped, a board of spikes will fall on you.

“Um, hey Lea,” I called. “You said that Elethor isn’t purely human. What do you mean by that?”

Lea chuckled. “Elethor is a half-elf.”