Chapter 4 - I Delivered a Speech in Front of War Freak People

Lea, Elethor, and I headed west of the guild where the gathering hall was located. On our way, my fellow trainees, both boys and girls, look at me and then murmurs something. And I don’t like that. It felt like those kids were making fun of me or whatever. I just don’t like that.

We walked past a weaponry tent where a blacksmith dwarf was forging a sword. Beside the weaponry was the tent for armory. It was guarded by a teenager trainee, who was wearing iron armor. Maybe he came from the batch ahead of us.

Not far from us, I saw a guy in yellow padded armor standing. He was accompanied by two other guys in the same armor. The first guy was a stout one while the other was a little bit skinny.

“Lea!” The guy in the middle called. I looked at lea and saw her became a little bit excited.

I also noticed Elethor’s mood became a little bit annoyed as he muttered, “Here he comes again.”

“Hey Ezra.” Lea replied. I saw her blushed like she have just seen her sweetheart.

The guy in the middle, Ezra, gets nearer. “How is it doing for you?” He asked Lea. Ezra is quite older than us. He is probably eighteen based on his looks and his height. His straight blonde hair was combed sideways, like Justin Bieber. He has a crooked smile that made him look like a thief or something.

“I’m fine, Ezra.” Lea uttered. She looked away trying to hide her admiration on Ezra.

“Good for you!” Ezra exclaimed. “So are you the one they are calling, ‘the intruder’s son’?”

It took me several seconds before I could answer. “Yes, yes I am.”

“So how does it feel to be the chosen one to stop the witch?” Ezra asked. I sensed a bit of sarcasm in his tone as he talked.

I didn’t know what to answer that time. Really, I have no idea. It didn’t actually came into my mind that I will be destined to stop an evil menacing witch that wants to bring chaos in the world. “Nothing special, really.” I just replied. “I just want to save my dad.”

“How silly of you.” Ezra annoyingly uttered. “You are the chosen one. You should be proud of it! If I was in your place, I think I will live my life in fame.”

“Oh. Maybe because it’s just that I am not like you.” I saw Ezra was offended but I think he didn’t take it personally.

“I like you kid.” Ezra smiled sarcastically. “May you have a good luck in the war game.”

I don’t know if I heard him right. War game? They are holding war games in the guild? It just came into my mind how war freaks the people in the guild are. But on the other thought, they really need those kinds of activities. It can toughen their force and strengthen their defense in times of trouble.

“Isn’t he cool?” Lea muttered. I don’t know if I should laugh or tell her to wake up.

“He’s not that cute, you know.” I murmured to Elethor.

“Yea, I noticed that too.” Elethor murmured back. “Hey are you jealous?”

I felt my cheeks suddenly became warm. I looked at Lea and saw she was looking at me too. And she was smiling. Jeez, I just wish I was not blushing. “What? No!” I protested. I took another glimpse of Lea and saw her still looking at me.

Lea turned and said, “Come on guys, we’re here.” I didn’t notice that we already arrived in front of the gathering hall.

The gathering hall looked similar to the temple near the guild’s entrance gate except that this one is bigger. It was also made of white marble with some writings engraved on top its main door.