Chapter 7 " Distraction"

I could barley focus on my work without thinking about Ashton.

" Nia "

" huh " I said looking up to see Marley looking at me with a weird look.

" I've been calling your name for a minute what's up with you "

" I'm fine what you need "

" I was going to ask what are your plans for the weekend "

" maybe hang out with Ashton. "

" awwwl look at my bestfriend getting her groove on "

" I'm so happy for you girl " Marley said smiling at me.

I wanted cry and tell her everything wasn't ok. This man beat me nearly to death every time he thinks I'm "disrespecting" him.

But I couldn't I'm pretty sure he was capable of killing me If I said a word to anybody.

" uh thanks " I said continuing my work.

I continue to look up more well known common mental illness in the black community and is their any resources that is in the community to help.

Out of all the research only two one actually in the city of Detroit 20 minutes from the work place.

I planned on taking a trip.

I took a break checking my phone for any notifications and my multiple social media websites.

My stomach was starting to bother me a little so I figure I'll stop by the vending machine and hoping to see Rock. I wanted to apologize to him for Ashton interrupting us.

It was quite busy since it was most people lunch break.

I walk to vending machine and I still didn't see Rock. I figure he was on lunch break with the others.

I grabbed my bag of Doritos heading to the elevator.

Once I made it up their I was in for a surprise.

" Nia your hus- I mean boyfriennnd is here " Marley said happily.

He was at my desk with a dozen of roses. It was such a nice gesture, but I could not forget what he did earlier.

Marley happily watched us talk.

" baby these are for you " Ashton said with the beautiful smile that captivated me the first time I saw him.

But his face frowned up at me.

I figure he was about to show his true colors in front of everyone.

" baby why are you eating this trash " he said taking the Doritos that I was just about to eat throwing them in my mini trash can.

" awwwwl he cares too , that is a keeper" Marley said boosting his ego

That woman didn't know went to hush and mind her business.

" remember we're eating lunch today " he said pulling me closer to him.

" how could I forget after you slap the mess out of me " I thought to myself.