Chapter 28 "Satan Spun"

Nia

Sunday Morning

I prepared breakfast a little early than usual but that's only because Rock's mother and brother are coming over.

I invited them for breakfast.

Rock was fine with it.

" mamas you working aincha" Rock said wrapping his arm around my waist.

" yes I wanna makeure I make a good impression for your mother"

Rock smacked his lip.

" she don't need shit" he said spitefully.

" Rock remember what I told you" I said now facing him.

" I do Nia but you don't know her like I do"

" the woman I remember , didn't care for me, she didn't even come see me while I was locked up."

" she was actually glad I was gone"

Rock is truly hurting and doesn't know it. I wish I could just wrap my arms around him and tell him a hundred times that everything is going to be ok.

But I knew that wasn't going to work.

" well I'm sorry you had to go through that Rock, but this woman is asking for your forgiveness, will you be able to accept it?"

His eyes looked everywhere but me.

I believe I got my answer.

Just then the door bell ring.

" Can you put the forks on table for me"

He only nodded his head.

I walked slowly to the door thinking about did I make the right decision. I'm pretty sure I over step my boundaries, but I just felt like Rock needed some answers from his mother.

" good morning please come in" I said opening the door wider.

" thank you" Rock's mother and brother said.

" I hope you guys haven't ate breakfast yet" I said walking them to the kitchen.

" not at all sweetie"

" well I hope you like Turkey sausage and bacon, eggs, and pancakes" I said to them.

Rock stood quietly before taking a seat eating his food not saying anything to them.

" thanks again Nia" Rock brother said

We sat eating our food. Me and his mother continue to make conversation.

Just to ease the tension.

" so what is that you do again"

" I'm a journalist"

" oh so I'm assuming you write a lot"