Chapter 15 "a closed mouth"

A month later .....

Here I was sporting another black eye.

Thank God I was wearing red lipstick you couldn't tell that it's bleeding.

" you got two minutes they on their way" he said looking at me in the bathroom mirror as I stared at myself.

" and put some more makeup on that eye"

I nodded my head.

I couldn't even stand to look at myself anymore.

I felt like nothing but a punching bag he uses to take his anger out on.

After patting myself with more makeup.

I walked down the stairs to the living room.

Soon as I sat down I heard a knock at the door.

Ashton open the door to his parents.

They both looked like well to-do people.

" it's good to see you son"

I walked into their view.

They both seemed pretty shocked to see me.

" I would like for you guys to meet Nia" Ashton said pulling me close to him.

I now see where he get his looks from.

" it's a pleasure to meet you Miss Nia, you have on a beautiful dress" his mother said with a smile.

" same here and thanks" I said shaking her hand.

" so you the gal that stole my son heart" his dad said smiling.

He had salt n paper hair but that still didn't knock his look. I would say he is a little shorter than Ashton probably 6'0 but also well built for his age.

" I guess so" I said laughing nervously.

" well let's eat" Ashton.

************

The sounds of forks clinging to plates was all you heard.

Everyone including myself was indulging in the food I prepared.

I fixed stuffed chicken breast with broccoli rice casserole, and a cheese cake for desert.

" I am quite full off this delicious dinner, who taught you too cook like that" Ashton father asked.

" well my mother is a very good cooked herself. I watched her a lot in the kitchen"

" I see it sure have paid a lot of attention" Ashton father said laughing.

I don't know if he was talking about my weight or actuall cooking skills.

" Aldain hush" his wife said

" I'm just saying sweetie, she's a great cook, especially for that son of mine"

" you won't  have to rely on takeout anymore"

I laughed.

" dad" Ashton said.

" whaaat but I'm not lying, boy you couldn't cook to save your life"

" but anyways how did you two meet" his mother butted in.

" well it was a friend of a friend gathering. He invited me to his house warming party, and I saw her"

" I knew I had to have her, isn't that right love" he said staring at me.

He squeezed my thigh under the table making me agree with him.