Chapter 19 " Something Special"

" yo Rock you know you one of my best workers right" James said as I was putting a new battery in the impala I was working.

He was standing the distance watching me.

" yes sir I guess" by now I let the hood down of the car wiping my hands clean.

" I was thinking about you taking over the shop" he said clearing his throat.

I was taken by what he was talking.

" Nawl I don't think I can do that" I said shaking my head.

" yes you can I believe in you"

" I know you only been here for a short amount of time but I really believe you should take over .... I'm getting old ... and sick" he said lowly

" what's going on ?"

He stared at me for a brief moment before he went to explain.

" I have prostate cancer"

" the doctor told I have no less than three months to live and I'm starting to feel the effects of it"

Mannn I swear I'm tired of hearing sad news.

" damn"

" and too bad me and my wife never had a son but I look to you as one Brock"

" thanks I appreciate that"

" when I leave this earth I wanna know that I left my shop in good condition with the right person over it"

I couldn't believe James was tempting to leave me this shop. It's hella responsibilities that I'm not prepare for.

" well just think about it if you not ready two weeks top"

" aight"

From their I drove all the way home thinking about what James said.

" how was work" Nia asked me coming in.

" it was ..... interesting"

" what you mean"

" I got offer for a higher paying job"

" like what?"

"James is the owner of the car shop I work at and he wants to hand it down to me" I said staring at her reaction.

" wow that's great"

" yea I know but I told him I wasn't ready"

" why not , that's a great opportunity for you"

" I don't think I can handle that Nia, from the customers complaining, to the employees who don't like to show up to work, I don't want to deal with it"

" Rock you are just seeing it from the outside, I truly believe this is a blessing in disguise for you, I will most definitely  be there to help you"

" thanks but I'm still thinking about it"

" well hopefully you give some good thought" she said to me.

I walked to the back taking off my clothes preparing myself for a needed shower when Nia came walking in.

I quickly grabbed the towel before she could see anything. She had the shock look on her face.

" I'm sorry but I-I just came to tell you dinner is almost ready"

" aight" I said nodding my head.