chapter six.

The hot, scorching, harsh sun of September blared out the sky today. Seems like nature decided to take a turn on the weather as it gets hotter and hotter by the day. It was now the wedding Fatiha of Alhaji Musannad Mahmoud's daughter and the son of, Alhaji Shelwa Amin.

As Manal predicted, the guests kept coming and increasing as time flew by. Invitations were sent and every single person known to both families knew about the wedding and why won't since it was already all over the news.

Rumours went by really fast. Different thoughts came to people's minds. The Gossips of the old women and friends that only came for the wedding for Gossip.

Manal heard quite a few things for the past days she had been getting ready for her wedding. 

And the same thing went on today when she  was just strolling around the house. She said she needed some "air". And not to her surprise  the same thing she heard on the  other occasions she heard again.Things like,

"Look at this girl she thinks she can go into Alhaji Amins house and maybe she can steal all the money?  As if her father's is not enough". Other things like.

"Yes Alhaji  her father was rich oo but Alhaji Shelwa is ten times richer. Gold digger much. If not why will , she get married at this age tho."

"I hope this girl doesn't suffer in the man's hands I really do hope I heard he is vicious". And,

"Look at her, her mother is not  even at her wedding what a pitty".

"Jibe ta wai  she wants to get married at this age? I heard she is just sixteen yet she wants to be be a married woman. Hehehe she will taste it ai".

Manal couldn't choose to pounce on the gossips or to just sit down and cry her eyes out.

She was never the person to listen to people's words or believe what rumours passed but the thing they said about her really stung.

She didn't know what to do again. She was lost again. She sat in a corner as she pours out all the words in form of tears right in the corner where nobody could see her.

Ammar  her cousin that is, Anty Basma's son who happens to be passing by heard hushed sounds, more like sobs to be exact.

Came closer to the direction of the cry from where he stood in the hallway passage.

He came to picture a figure of  a bride dressed  in her bridal clothes and just then he knew who it was. Manal.

He could remember when they were quite young he liked Manal so much. When the incident about his kidnapping happended he never saw her again and that did changed his feelings for her. Must have been just a little crush then

"Manal?". Hearing a voice she quickly wiped the unstoppable tears on he face.

"Why are you crying? And why are you here in this corner are you not supposed to be inside?".

"No i think i got something  in my eye". She said wiping the uncontrollable tears  that just  couldn't stop falling.

"Don't you think i know you enough To know when you are lying or not?.

"I  told you I am not crying now go." She snapped in anger why will people just not let her be.

"Oh its me you are talking to in that tone Manal. Things has turned out that bad?. Ammar said sounding hurt to Manal's retort.

Why is he hurt now? If he knows the thing that goes on he wouldn't be hurt by what  she just said.  Tho she had to apologize.

"No its not like that it's just that people have been saying alot of things and it really hurt me". She busted out in another fit of tears.

"Hmmm. Is this the brave Manal I have ever known? what happend to Manal the brave as I used to call you?. You never listen to what people say. Manal if you say that you are going to let people's words hurt you then you had rather stay there and die cause people will never stop. It has turned to an Occupation. Do your self a favour  put a smile on you face and kill them with your beauty make them wish they were you".

Well actually she wouldn't wish her state for her  worse enemy even.

She wipped her tears with her veil carefully trying not  to smear her well done make up and stood up.

"Thank you Ya Ammar." She saido0 giving  the biggest fake smile she could give.

Wow Manal could be sturrborn.

"Hey its ok what are brothers for?". He grinned flashing his sparkly white teeth at  her.

Guess she had no other choice she sighed wiping the last trail of tears or he face and walked past him.

**************

When women leave their home. Their child hood home. When People are sent for marriage and they are giving all the blessings In the world from family, friends and well wishers but mainly the parents that is,
The MOTHER and The Father. In Manals case she will be leaving a place a house she lived in and a place she didnt virtually see as home but more of a place with furniture, a broken home . She leaves that place with no blessing of a Father or a Mother. Wow.

Since when her father came to witness the grooms father's visit he left leaving his wife in charge and his his sister.

She leaves a place she had never acknowledged as home to a new place or should she say. To a new world. Married to a person she had never set an eye on. Yes it's true.

The groom has been absent from all occations in the sentence of 'he is in a Business Trip'. What  business trip is better than your own Marriage.

Oh it was an arranged Marriage after all.

Manal sat on the dressing mirror stool with un shed tears In her eyes. She sat as they dress her for the final event of the week, THE  Dinner and Kai Amarya.

The Daurin aure was done by yesterday and she was officially 'Miss Samaah Amin Shelwa' at least that was the only thing  She knew about her husband. The word husband never left her lips because thinking of it was bad enough and what about uttering it?.

She sat almost lifelessly as every wearable make up a bride wears was put on her face. It was soon over as the brides maids dress was put on Manal and the last pieces of clothing was put on her.

She looked into the mirror to a person she isn't familiar with she knew this was the day that will change her life for ever and there is an uneasy feeling in the pit of her stomach.

......I am now married...Believe it or not I have no other choice I am the so called Alhaji Amins Daughter in law and Samaah Am in shelwa's wife. A person I barely even know  his full name, a person i never knew existed till a few days ago.

Here goes my life down the drain....is it worth it?.

Dan..Dan..Dan.
Hey guys..So don't kill me yet am I safe?.
So embrace yourselves its now her life as a married woman.The question that lurks in my mind still. Is it worth it?.

Guys thank you so so much for The 500 reads this has even given me more strength to continue I know we are getting there.

Hehehe keep reading.

Read, share and comment it  won't hurt.
Xoxo_savage💞.