Chapter 12

A/N: Hey guys! It's already December 24!! Merry Christmas, guys! Now onto the story!!

The Next Day

Marinette's P.O.V

I awoke the next day to my bed and Tikki sleeping beside me.

I slowly sat up on my bed, trying hard not to wake Tikki up. As soon as I sat up, I walked to the bathroom to get ready for school.

When I took a look at myself in the mirror, I was shocked. My eyes were red and swollen from all the crying yesterday, my hair was a mess, my ears were all flat on my head, and my tail felt numb.

I looked at the sink and started to wash my face in hopes that the water could wash away some of the tear stains and the red out of my eyes. "I cried that much, huh. . .?" I mumbled, my voice raspy and quiet.

I shook my head and walked over to my shower stall and began to shower.

Once I was about to was my tail, I got startled by Tikki screaming but calmed down once I realized that she thought I was still asleep. I lightly chuckled and got back to washing my tail.

A few minutes later, I got out of the shower and draped a long pink towel around myself.

"MARINETTE!! YOU'RE LATE FOR-oh. . You're awake." I giggled at her reaction, but that giggle turned into a full-blown laugh.

"Hahahahahahahahahaahaha!! Tikki, this is too much!!" I laughed hard, clutching my stomach.

Once I calmed down, I picked myself off of the floor and walked to my wardrobe.

Since it was starting to get cold and my normal clothes wouldn't work for this weather, I picked a pale green turtleneck, some dark grey jeans and fluffy white boots with a white scarf.

After dressing up, I took a neon green purse and opened it so Tikki could fly inside, packed a few cookies inside, and walked downstairs.

"Good morning, Marinette." My mom and dad greeted. "Morning mom, dad." I smiled.

"You're quite early today, why?" Mom asked. I just shrugged and sat down at the dining table, eating some cereal, drinking hot milk and chatting with my parents.

Checking the time, I realized I still had ten minutes until I had to sprint to school.

"Uh mom, dad, I gotta go right now. Love you!" I bid my parents goodbye before walking out of the bakery, making sure I didn't close the door on my tail and stepping outside.

While walking, I heard a familiar voice calling out to me. My ears suddenly perked up and my heart started beating a hundred miles per hour

'Chat. . .?' I thought. But instead of Chat Noir, I came face-to-face with Adrien Agreste.

Not that I was disappointed or anything, but I sighed knowing Chat wasn't the one calling out to me.

'Although, Adrien and Chat Noir do look alike and have the same voice, could they be. . . Nah. There's no way that they're the same person! Don't be silly, Marinette.' I laughed slightly at my stupid thought.

"Hi, Adrien." I smiled at him, waving. He smiled back. "Hey, Marinette. Want to walk with me to school?" He asked.

I stopped for a while, waiting for Adrien to catch up to me. While waiting, I took it as a chance to ponder over what I was thinking earlier.

'What if they really are the same person? Nah. . If they were the same person, I would've noticed it sooner.'

Adrien's P.O.V