Ch. 5

I pulled into the parking lot of Beacon Hills High. It was barley Monday and I already wasn't looking forward to this week. For starters, I woke up late so I couldn't get to school early and sneak in before any of the tormentors got there. This is how I ended up peering behind the the safety of my car door looking for Jackson and his goons. I thought I was finally in the clear but soon came to see that I was very wrong. Just as quickly as my feet touched the ground there was a hard foot being kicked to my back sending me flying onto the pavement. When I rolled over Jackson and Aiden were standing over me. I made the mistake of making eye contact and they both hunched over invading my personal space sending fist after fist pounding against my me. I didn't try to scream for help, so the only noises were that of rapid sounds of fist on flesh. Suddenly the first bell rang and it must have scared the two because they stopped their assault and stood abruptly. Laughing like it was the most funniest thing in the world they high fived each other before moving back and walking towards the school. It took a long while but minutes later I manage to pick myself back up dusting off the dirt from my jeans and pulling the gravel from my palms. My arms were wrapped protectively around my torso as if that would help the constant pain emanating from it.

This wasn't going to be s good day, but I shifted my focus from the fact when I entered the building and seen Cora and Scott talking. A few steps later I was finally able to make out the words of their conversation "Are you sure? Because I won't let him play with his feelings"

"Yes I'm sure, and I convinced Derek to tell him before the game" They both seemed to bite their tongues once I came over. Holding their breaths as if there was something they both wanted to say but knew they couldn't. Not having the energy to pry I didn't think to much of it.

She clapped her hands together smiling "So, you guys coming to the game tonight"

Scott nodded "Of course I'm coming, first game of the season"

"I'm not sure. I've got this community service thing I have to finish for graduation"

"Wait you're kidding right?" Cora asked, worry all throughout her voice.

"No, but I'm sure you guys will be fine without me"

"What about Derek?" almost on cue he came into view wearing his football jersey. I had to admit it was a sexy sight. I was upset I had to miss the first game, but maybe this was good. I had already fallen for him but maybe time away from Derek would ensure I wouldn't fall too hard.

"Hey guys"

Scott laughed "Hey dude. You look excited"

"I feel excited. Are you guys ready for tonight?"

"We are, but I'm not sure Stiles is" I shot Cora a glare that she easily brushed off.

"Why?"

"I have a thing for school toni-"

Derek didn't ever let me finish before he was talking "Wait you're not coming?"

"Probably not, but I told Cora I'd call if anything changes. I'm really sorry guys" I hurried to my next class before he could say anything else.

I didn't expect Derek to be that upset, it was just one game. And if he didn't feel that way about me, like I had convinced myself, then he wouldn't be too hurt. But the rest of the day he ignored me and I only got small nods and waves from him. I wasn't that hurt until we were in english working on the project and Derek spent the hour seemingly speaking to everyone that wasn't me. Even at lunch he pushed his food around his tray not even bother to give me a 'hello'.

I gave in. I admit it. Derek being so cold to me made me feel a little ache in my chest. I was trying to stay away from those feeling for Derek, but who was I kidding it wasn't working. The end of the day came and after several phone calls of begging and groveling I managed to free up my schedule and go to the football game. Scott told me that they were meeting up for a few hours at the Hale house before the game so I decided to stop by there instead of meeting them all at the field. I knocked hard three times on the big oak door, and Mrs.Hale answered with a big smile.

"Stiles? They said you weren't able to make it"

"Yeah. Well I managed to free up my schedule so here I am"

"That's great" she ushered me inside and I hurried upstairs. I walked right through Derek's room door not bothering to knock. Scott was sitting in the desk chair staring at Cora while she had thrown herself across the bed. When I turned Derek was in the bathroom that was connected to him bedroom. He was standing in front of the mirror straightening out his jersey when he finally noticed me.

"Stiles!" Cora smiled jumping into upright position. Scott smiled at me taking the time to pull his gaze from Cora. Derek had stepped out of the bathroom fully and was staring at me with a look in his eyes. It was the same look he had that day on the hike. Then suddenly he was staring at me like we were the only people in that room, the only people in the world and for a moment it felt like that. He walked forward, at first with hesitant steps, until our noses were almost touching.

"You came" he said almost in a whisper.

I responded, my voice just as quiet as his but much more shakier "Yeah. Well I realized it would be wrong for me to miss your game. I mean I did get you into this" Derek chuckled a small laugh m. Then refocused his gaze and I was sure he was staring down at my lips. I was thinking of what to say next when Cora huffed out an annoying sigh.

"Jesus fuck Derek, what are you waiting for?" I just started at her. I could feel Derek's gaze never left mine so I switched my attention back to him hoping he could explain her sudden outburst. I was quickly met with soft lips on mine. Before they fluttered shut my eyes widened with shock as I came to see they were Derek's. It started off small, and as an innocent peck. Then it grew. My lips parted just barley daring the quarterback to enter, and he did. I smiled snaking my hands up his body and into his hair. Derek's arms planted firmly in the crook of my back taking up residency there. The larger boy pulled my body into his causing me to moan softly from shock, and Derek from cockyness. This was what finally convinced the two teens in the corner that it was time to leave.

"I think we're just going to go" Scott said pulling Cora, who was very intrigued, from the room as she protested.

We kissed for a long while after they left. At some point Derek had backed me into the wall leaving me no place to run, and I can say I didn't mind. Finally I pulled away to take a breath letting the air become familiar to my insides again "What was that for?" I whispered, still inches from his lips.

"Be my boyfriend?" I smiled a smile I hadn't shown in a long while as I craned my head to lock our lips again "I'm going to take that as a yes" he mumbled into the kiss.

"Okay" Leaning back in Derek squeezed me lightly. It wasn't tight but it was enough to make me wince, reminding me of the fresh injuries I forgot were there from this morning.

"You're hurt" he said looking down at me worriedly "I can sense it"

"I'm fine now"

"Tell me what happened"

"Please. I'll tell you later I promise" He opened his mouth to protest some more but I just continued to speak "I'm happy right now" he looked down at me and I can tell he wasn't going to drop it, but for the time being he was willing to forget about it.