Ch. 11

STILES POV

"God damn it Stiles!" Derek yelled the minute he entered my house. My dad made the mistake of giving him a copy of the house key when I was finally released from the hospital. I loved the guy but he could be so protective "I told you to call me if you needed anything"

I was midway down the stairs gripping the railing tightly. I had fallen once that morning trying to get out of bed but I wasn't going to tell Derek that "I'm not going to call whenever I want to get up"

"Tough" and before I knew it he was at my side carrying me down the remaining steps and setting me down gently on the sofa "Y'know your dad is going to be at work most of the day, why don't you just stay at my place until you're better?"

"Nope"

"Why not?"

"It's spring break, I'm not going to let you spend it taking care of me"

"I'm going to do it regardless"

"Not if I have anything to do about it"

"Yeah tough guy?" he questioned scooting closer to me.

"Mhmm" and as he kissed me the world seem to fall away. It happened everytime Derek and I kissed, and he had been kissing me alot lately. It was almost as if he thought he'd lose one another and he didn't want the last thing either us to remember to be a fight, and I could understand the feeling seeing as though just three weeks ago I was clinging to life in a hospital bed "This thing is so annoying" I huffed out ripping the sling from my arm and tossing it. Derek, to my surprise, laughed and pulled me back into his lips. And as my fingers raked through his hair his tongue pushed past my teeth to graze every inch of mine. The casts on my legs kept me from straddling him and getting any closer so I had a hand under his shirt ghosting over and tracing his abs so lightly I guess it tickled cause Derek chuckled into my mouth. I was working on getting his shirt over his head when the sound of someone clearing their throat came from behind us. Derek jumped so high and so far away from me he almost slid off the couch.

"Sheriff-"

"I don't even want to talk about it" he said, somewhat amused as he made his way to the kitchen.

I let a laugh erupt from the pit of my stomach and Derek turned to me with wide eyes whispering harshly "Stiles! That's not funny"

"Hey you're the one with the super hearing, you should have heard him coming"

"Oh I'm sorry I couldn't focus with your tongue in my mouth"

"I can't help you like it so much" he finally cooled off laughing at my joke and hitting me playfully on the arm "Hey pop you leaving again?"

"Yep, just came home for lunch" he said walking out the door, but not before stopping "Oh and try not to do too much on the couch"

Derek stayed, just liked he had been the past three weeks, he stayed all day watching movies and waiting on my every need.

The movie was ending when I got up from the couch "Woah what's happening?"

"I gotta pee"

"Okay let me help"

"No Derek sit down"

"I-I'm sorry I'm doing it again" he ran his hands down the side of his face falling back onto the couch.

"Doing what?"

"I'm being clingy it's the entire reason Michael broke up with me. I realized it when you wouldn't tell me who hurt you I get overprotective and clingy and I don't want to drive you away I just-"

"Derek" I said almost incredulously as I found my spot back on the couch. He never spoke about Michael or why they broke up and I see now why. The topic hit him somewhere deep "None of that is true okay. I just don't want you to spend every second waiting on me that's all. Besides that I like that you love to be close to me, you could never drive me away baby I promise you're too good to me and I love you too much"

He finally rose his head from where is was sitting in his hands and hugged me "Are you sure?"

"I'm sure" I whispered back. And before I let go I nibbled back on his earlobe "And I would definitely show you how close I wanna get to you if these casts weren't on but I'll guess we'll have to wait" I hobbled off to the bathroom, and I didn't have to be supernatural to hear the hitch in Derek's breath.

"I'm sorry babe, I'm really tired" I told him when I came back from the bathroom.

"That's fine I can help you to bed"

"Actually, will you stay with me tonight?"

"If you want me too" I'm sure it was uncomfortable and boy did it have to be but Derek found a way past the cast and held me through the rest of the night.

DEREK POV

"Good Morning" I smiled kissing Stiles' head.

"Morning. Thank you for staying" he smiled into my neck.

"Of course" we laid there for a while longer. Every so often Stiles would hum in a appreciation and place a sweet kiss to my chest. With each kiss I tired to think back to a time I felt this overwhelming happiness, how it came from something as simple as laying around, and I couldn't think of a single moment that didn't involve Stiles. And for a moment everything was bliss.

I was getting out of the shower a few days later and had two missed calls from Stiles. With everything that happened I let my mind race with worry and called him back with still wet fingers "Babe?"

"Hey Der" he said like it like he was honestly dreading it.

"Is everything okay yeah"

"Yeah... Well no. I'm supposed to get my casts off today but dad has to work and I can't really drive so I was wondering if..."

"I'll be right over"

He sighed "Thank you-thank you"

"Of course. I'll see you in ten"

"Love you" he said making kissy noises into the phone.

I laughed back "I love you"

I grabbed my keys then went to tell Cora I was leaving. I gazed through her cracked room door and started laughing in shock seeing her and Scott making out. I felt like, being her brother and all, I should have lashed out but I had seen this coming, hell the whole world did. I was at the front door all set to leave when I opened it and really didn't like what I seen on the other side.

"Michael?"