Chapter four

9.14.18// going to Finns dorm room

As I walked out the door to walk with Finn, I couldn't see him anywhere. I looked around in confusion as I got an anxious feeling in my stomach that wouldn't go away. Finn is always joking around anyway, it's not a big deal, he's probably just going to jump scare me any moment now.

"Finn?" I called out hesitantly. No answer. As I walked to my front door to go back inside, I felt a sharp pain in my forearm making it feel as if it was touching hot metal. I winced and saw that golden cut again from the time when I met Jonathan. What the hell?, I thought in shock closing my eyes tightly. I looked back at my arm and noticed that the cut disappeared almost immediately...but left a golden carving of the number 365 on my arm still shining a bright gold. 365, I thought, 365 what?

"Boo!" Finn jumped at me. I shifted my attention over to him slowly. I gave him a half smile that I give him usually when I'm tired or ready to kill myself due to finals.

"Hey, Finn," I said flatly. Should I tell him? I mean, I trust him with everything so why should this be any different? He put his arm around me making me purse my lips trying my best not to make a fool out of myself.

"You okay? It's fine if you don't want to go," Finn said obviously disappointed. I smiled a bit and shrugged. It can wait, I don't want to ruin this night for him. He gave me so much that I'll never be able to repay, I should at least make him happy.

"No, no, just...a little tired but I'll be more energetic when it starts," I lied putting my arm behind my back. Finn nodded and held my hand down the sidewalk, making me die internally. I hate when he does this to me; act like a boyfriend for a little while and then go do it with other girls. It's not my place to say that he can't since he's not mine to keep. It will always stay like that. I'm ok with this as long as he's happy... I'd do anything for him.

"How far is it?" I asked. Finn shrugged.

"It takes about 5 minutes to bike to school so I'm guessing around 15 by foot?" He guessed. I nodded. He stopped walked and bent down. I thought he was going to tie his shoe but he just remained in that crouched position.

"What are you doing?" I asked laughing.

"Hop on. I don't have money for a Uber, this is the best I could come up with," Finn laughed. I rolled my eyes. This idiot. I'm not going to let this moment pass by so I got on his back.

"So how's college?" I asked making small talk. I felt him shrug.

"Something really scary happened to me," he said, almost whispering. I dangled my arms over his neck.

"What?" I ask, intrigued. He stopped walking and turned his head to me.

"I saw...senior guys," he whispered. After a few moments of silence, we both burst out laughing.

"You're still on that?" I managed to say through my laughs. I never seen him laugh that hard before. It makes me depressed, though, that I can't have him. It's depressing that I pretend that he's my boyfriend even though he only thinks of me as a sister. I thought I'd get over him but the things he does with me makes it completely impossible.

We finally made it to campus and he let me down to show me around.
"Is this the dorm room building?" I ask looking at the tall building in front of us. Finn nodded as he took my hand to lead me to the entrance. I noticed that every time we passed by group of guys, they immediately greeted Finn like they knew him well. I always knew he was popular but...it sparks some kind of jealousy in me for some odd reason.
We finally got to his dorm room and only two other guys were here setting up.

"Hey, this is Y/N. Be welcoming—but not too welcoming I'm looking at you,Issac," Finn laughed along with the two other guys.

"I won't take your girl, Finn," the guy supposedly named Issac said. Finn smirked a bit.

"I'm everyone's guy, I don't have 'a girl', you know that," Finn chuckled. You hear that? That's the sound of my heart shattering into tiny shards of broken dreams.
Issac handed me a liter of Diet Coke and gave me a smile. Unlike Finn, he doesn't have braces but perfect teeth. He does have dyed hair like Finn but it's a soft pink. It goes well with his tan skin tone. His eyes were exactly like Finns, that's probably why I'm a bit attracted to him. If I weren't head over heels for Finn, I'd probably go for him.

"Can you pour those into the cups?" He asked. Before I could even answer, he gave me a quick closed smile and left. I shrugged and did as told and filled the red silo cups with soda. But since karma hates my ass, my new "365 mark" on my arm began to sting badly and made me loose my grip on the bottle. Before I could spill it, someone quickly caught it. I turned around to see Finn less than a couple inches away from me.

"Be careful," he said almost completely serious. Wow, he's hot. I nodded quickly and apologized. He gave me a smirk and brushed his hand against mine as he left. No, get it together, he's "everyone's guy" not mine. I shouldn't like him.