Chapter eight

9.17.18// Finn's College Theatre

I whimpered in severe pain as my body hit the floor, trying not to burst out in tears. I got up and immediately felt a broken arm and a sharp pain in my lower back.
I looked up expecting to see Jonathan but there was nobody at the railing anymore. I quickly looked behind me to see a suspiciously opened door with a golden light emerging from it. I forced myself up and winced.

I opened the door with my heart beating hard inside my chest and walked in. The door led me into a creepy dark corridor with the occasional golden flashes, which seems to temporarily blind my eyesight. I followed the light until I was out of the corridor and into a small dusty room filled with props and extra chairs. I felt two hands grasp my shoulders and, immediately, I spun around where nobody was there. I squinted my eyes.

"If this is the same monster who killed Issac...I don't know what I did to you—or w-what anyone did to you, for that matter. Why are you doing this?!" I called out. Silence. The golden light quickly faded into the regular dim lighting. I heard a slight scoff.

"That monster is called Puppeteer," a deep voice says. I stepped back as the lights began to flicker off and on by itself. My eyes locked with the boy who said that. He had a brown raincoat, a black turtleneck, and a bloodied knife in hand.

"What are you talking about...who are you?" I asked, trying to sound confident.

"He isn't very patient, Zachary. I don't want you to get hurt again," a female voice demanded. She revealed her self from behind this so called Zachary. She had a dirtied red ballerina dress and glowing red eyes. The boy looked average standing next to her, except for his scar across his face.

"W-what? Where's Finn?" I asked. They both ignored me. The girl spun around gracefully before kicking her foot up, aiming for my head but she kicked the wall in instead leaving a deep hole. She isn't human...she's a killing machine. I looked at them in pure fear before trying to run off but the boy pinned me down to the floor with one hand and covering my mouth with the other, muffling my screams. Hot tears streamed down my face as I shook my head and squirmed around. He brung a knife to my throat but I used every ounce of my strength to push it away with my left hand.
Zachary then stopped and started twitching uncontrollably and held his throat as if he were choking. I got up but the ballerina girl pointed a gun at me. I put my hands up and got on my knees hesitantly. A strange feeling suddenly emerged.

"Put that god awful gun away, Emra-darling," Zachery said...but it wasn't Zachary. I looked at Zachary where one eye was a sinister red color. What the fuck, I thought. He held his hand in front of him and golden strings emerged from his fingers which wrapped around Emra's neck. Her fragile hands pulled at the golden strings but she couldn't manage to pull them off. I backed up against the wall, crying my eyes out.

"M-master!" She chokes out, still pulling at the strings. I felt someone quickly pull me away from the scene. My tears were blinding my eyesight so I ran with whoever pulled me away unaware of my surroundings. I wiped my eyes and immediately recognized the blue hair, the noticeable tallness, and the costume.
We kept running until we were on top of the stage. I expected everyone to be frozen in time...I guess not.

Every single girl was glaring daggers at me. Finn lead me off the stage quickly and we left the theatre. We walked down the hallway and left the building.
I stopped walking.

"What the hell is going on?" I asked.

"I never wanted you to see him, but I can't prevent that. I, alone. can't prevent either of us from dying. He feeds off depression and I'm too far gone for help. You have a whole entire year...get better, stay happy, think of me, but don't fall into depression or...," Finn trailed off. I nodded.

"Those people...who were they?" I asked.

"Emra and Zachary...his little puppets who's only purpose is to do his dirty work for him. I guess one of them took it too far," Finn says.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"They don't necessarily kill unless ordered to. They were trying to...make your depression more noticeable to you. I'm guessing because you're doing better," Finn explained. I was doing better...wasn't I? Up until know since my crush/best friend is going to die in a couple of months and there's nothing I can do to stop it.