Chapter seventeen

Authors note: (8/18/18! Today's my birthday!...even though this is going to be published 8/20/18) also this might seem like the end of the book but trust me it's not

11.29.18//

"The hell is that supposed to mean?" Zachary asked. That sounded way more badass in my mind, but I have to know that I have to be realistic rather than some dreamer. I can't just wing it...

"Aren't you forgetting something? You're his—we are all his. We are physically unable to leave from our Master," Emra says to me, her porcelain hands shaking. Wasn't she his past lover? Wouldn't she be his soft spot?
I shook my head and crossed my arms. I rather go to the realm of death than to be his...play toy.

"I am not his, and neither are any of you. You only think that because he told you to...you are all independent enough to be able to live again," I lectured. Zachary approached me and cornered me with an almost angry look.

"Y/N. Don't you think you're making a mistake? If we come with you we go along with our lives without Jonathan. You can't mess with shit like that. Something as simple as deciding to take the train or not can decide your fate of life or death," Zachary says.

"Well, if you're not going to come then fine. I'm leaving...Emra if you're coming then let's start planning how to right now. We don't have much time," I say.
Emra bit her lip and nodded.

"There's only one exit out of here...it's a door right next to his room. I'm guessing he knows you're trying to escape and he's there right now, or he's having his henchmen do it for him," Emra says.

"Okay...okay, so if someone is guarding the door...how will we sneak past them?" I ask. We both looked at Zachary will a hopeful look on our faces.

"No," he says, "I'm not getting myself a free ticket to the realm of death."
Emra turned towards him and frowned.

"Please, Zach, I'm begging you. If you aren't coming, which I hope you change your mind on, please help us leave. I can't handle the abuse anymore," Emra says. Zachary's face softened as he groaned.

"If I die, I'm going to kill you guys," he mumbled.
Emra's face lit up as she gave him a tight hug, which I joined in, thankful of his sacrifice. As simple as it sounds, sneaking past Jonathan's minions is extremely dangerous—he could actually die.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I exclaimed. He shook his head, his shaggy brown hair with a sad smile.

"As much as I want to go with you guys, life is better without me. You both don't know what I've done when I was in the realm of life...I was a criminal, I survived by robbing banks and holding people at gunpoint, and other fucked up shit. You actually think that I would put more people at risk?" Zachary ranted.
I approached him and held his cold hand in my porcelain ones.

"Zachary, I believe that you can be a changed person, as cheesy as this sounds. You're not the same man that you were in the realm of life...at least think about it for us?" I asked him. He simply nodded as we headed out. Just as we thought, minions were blocking the door. They were tall, black smoke surrounding their bodies, black eyes, pale skin complexion, black hair, and an all-white outfit. They had golden whips in each of their hands. Surprised Jonathan didn't use that on me.

Zachary hugged us goodbye as he walked into their view. They immediately got into a defensive stance with their whips. Zachary pushed at them, drawing all their attention towards him, and started sprinting off. The minions followed him as we quickly ran out the door. The light blinded us but we kept running. We didn't think about anything else...we just kept running. I closed my eyes and there was an awful ringing in my ear, but I fought through it. I then opened my eyes when it stopped and saw that we were in a forest with a portal in front of us. The forest was beautiful...gorgeous white roses flooded the forest ground and there was just a calm sensation. Emra and I peered through it and saw the outside world for the first fims .
I hugged Emra tightly as she did the same for me.

"Will I see you again?" She asks me. I smiled sadly at her and nodded.

"Of course you will," I say. She sticks her hand in and snatched it back. We gasped together when we saw that she now had a human hand.

"Together?" She asks. I smirked as I grabbed her hand.

"Together," I say as we jumped into the portal.