Chapter twelve

10.19.18// Y/N's House

I threw my bags, that I took to Finn's, on my bedroom floor and flopped down on my bed with a loud groan. I'm totally insane, I mean, Finn is my best friend and I love him to death...I just hope he wouldn't do anything without my consent. It's ridiculous to even think that, he's popular and everyone loves him—I love him, and besides the exorcism is taking place in a week. No more Jonathan and everything can go back to normal; I get to hang out with Finn without anything or anyone getting in the way. However, I just can't shake off the feeling that something else happened that night. I stared at the bruises on my wrists.

"There you are. We've all been worried about you...you're never home," Jalen sighed, "while you were out with Finn Jackson, I went to see Mom. I know that it's illegal for her to even come near us, but she changed...she's okay."
I narrowed my eyes and stood up.

"Are you fucking serious? Our 'mother' killed our little brother by using heroin while pregnant, how can anyone forgive a monster
like her?" I glared. Jalen approached me and grabbed ahold of my shoulder, making me wince.

"She didn't know she was pregnant, you know that. As soon as she found out she was pregnant, she stopped. Do you know how hard it is to just stop heroin after doing it for years? She lives with the fact that she caused her miscarriage every day of her life," Jalen explained.
I looked down at my converse and said nothing.

"Jalen, I have a lot going on right now with Finn. I don't have any time to think about Mom...she did shitty things to us; she caused us to be homeless, she brought back creepy old strangers months at a time, and she neglected us. I'm not going to pretend that that didn't happen," I ranted. I may look exactly like her, but I will never accept myself as her daughter.

I pushed past her and stormed to the bathroom. I placed my hands on the sink and stared into the mirror...not waiting for something, but rather someone.

"Jonathan," I whispered as the AC in the bathroom gave me chills. I gripped the rim of the sink as I felt a presence with me.
I looked into the mirror and saw myself looking back. Nothing out of the ordinary, just me. I rolled my eyes as I spun around to be immediately met by Jonathan. I backed up until I fell into the tub, frantically trying to get up. He just laughed, and I never witnessed him laugh before...it was terrifying.
He snatched my arm, forcefully pulling me out of the tub and taking a look at my arm. He snorted and traced the numbers with his cold finger.

"Still got a while to go, huh? If you do what I ask then you have nothing to worry about, hell I'd even make you one of us. Emra and that Zachary kid would love you," Jonathan offered with a smirk. I winced as Jonathan gripped my arm tighter and tighter every time I move even in the slightest. I tried not to reveal any of my fear to him as I attempted to stand my ground.

"Read my lips, Jonathan, because this is the last time you'll ever going to hear these words again. Forget it. I'll never be one of you and I rather die," I snapped. Jonathan glared and got off of me. He snapped his fingers and an unimaginable pain fired through me out of nowhere. The number on my wrist changed to 7 days.

"Fine, die then. Perish with your rapist...see if that damn Exorcist can save you now," Jonathan whispered in my ear. A week to live...? What have I been doing in the 16 years of being alive anyway? Oh, that's right, Finn. Finn had changed me into a more independent person, so I'm actually glad that if the Exorcism fails...I'll die with Auggie Finn Jackson. Merlin Groß, the Exorcist, is going to come in exactly a week. I hope we're ready.

"Why can't you spare me?" I asked Jonathan, referencing to earlier. Silence. I looked around the empty bathroom and stared into the mirror with a grimace. Maybe he's right; maybe Finn actually did rape me. Those photos prove a lot of things...I just don't know what to think or what to do.
A loud knock emerged from the front door, making me groan as I exited the bathroom to answer it. I opened the door to see Finn leaning against my porch with a smirk. I stepped back out of instinct and forced a smile.

"Hey, I'm in a rush, but you left your phone at my place," Finns says, handing it to me. I quickly took it and hung my head. He then touched a strand of my hair and smiled.

"You're growing it out? Long hair looks nice on you...anyways, I need to go. See you later, babe," Finn says, running to his car. Babe? I shut the door and ran back to the bathroom, with teary eyes. I rummaged through the drawer for scissors and held it up to my hair. I looked in the mirror one last time before I started chopping off clumps of hair, crying in the process.

"Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you," I repetitively murmured to myself.
After I was left with the aftermath of a messy boys cut, I slid down my door, sobbing with strands of hair abandoned on the floor. I made myself stand up and stared at the mess in the mirror. I pulled back my hand and punched the mirror, leaving my hand bloody with glass shards, and stormed out of the bathroom. Jalen came running to me and froze. She looked at me up and down before pressing her lips together.

"New haircut? Didn't do a good job, did you?" Jalen chuckled wearily. She led me back into the bathroom and sat me down on the toilet seat. She glanced at the broken mirror and said nothing.
Jalen began trimming the edges as I folded my arms over my chest.

"As your older sister, I can basically read you. This is definitely about a specific incident, and I can tell because it happened to me. I'm not exactly sure who the asshole was but...he raped me. I was drunk one night and I was with my friends, Cheryl and Finn, and I remember being half-conscious and being defiled against and apparently it happened to Cheryl. Finn says that he beat the shit out of the guy but it was already too late when he found us," Jalen sighs, "the reason I told you this is because I did the same thing, except I did it in a harmful way for a coping mechanism. I personally don't want to deal with it, but if you want to press charges, I'll be there for you."

How can I tell my own sister that I know and hang out with our rapist?
"All done," Jalen says, primping my hair up. For the first time since I was like 8, she gave me a hug. A tear slid down my cheek as I hugged back. My eyes shifted to her slit wrists with a glowing number of 7 days. I hugged her tighter and sobbed into her shoulder.

"I'll spare her," Jonathan whispered in my ear, "you need to do some things for me."