Chapter ten

Wow it took ten whole chapters to get to the part you guys have been waiting for

10.17.18// College Campus

Earlier, we had called an exorcism to take place soon...an exorcism on both of us. The Exorcist, Merlin Groß (pronounced Gross), had agreed to this to be taken place in one month time. Usually, it takes longer to prepare but in our circumstances, he is doing his best for it to take place as soon as possible. Merlin had told us that this type of paranormal had happened before in this sleepy town—it's never the same one. Each year it seems like it gets worse...

"Are you scared?" I asked Finn. He didn't answer and put his arm around my cold, awkward shoulders which traveled down to my hips. Usually, if a guy did this I'd tell him off but...I shouldn't think much of it since it's just Finn. He just views me as a childish high schooler, but is he wrong? The calming smell of his black sweater is of soap and sugar, like home, but he never smelled like this before—not that I smell him a lot or anything. Finn...I've been thinking of him for a while. Before the exorcism takes place I want to confess my love for him.

"I am," I continued, "I'm just terrified that it's going to go wrong...or it'll make things worse."

"Maybe we should call it off then, it wouldn't be a big deal," Finn said to me. I can't tell if he's being sarcastic, serious, or mean...I'm hoping none of the above.
There's nothing else for us to do but wait for Merlin Groß in one month time...well, there is one thing; surviving.
I began skimming through the books Finn picked out. Even though we have an Exorcist, we need to protect ourselves in the meantime. We already ordered a shit ton of holy water and salt meant for this type of thing.

"Finn, this is probably the worst possible time to tell you this but...," I trailed off. Finn turned around and I gasped in shock. This is the first time I've ever actually acknowledged his features; dark under eyes, pale complexion, deprived-of-life face. I've been so focused on everything else but the one person I care about the most.

"Yes?" He asks me with a smirk.

"It's...nothing. Can I do anything for you?" I asked. Finn's bottom lip curled into a slight smile and nodded.

"Coffee. It's in Break Room G, it's kind of rundown and dusty in there but there's this stash of the best black coffee you'll ever have," Finn says. I nodded and walked off to the room across the library. May grabbed my wrist tightly and made me face her.
I was about to say something but I claimed my mouth shut as I noticed the panicked expression on her face.
"I don't think that's Finn..., I mean I don't know him well enough to tell the difference but I'm pretty sure—."
Finn came up behind me and joined in our conversation.

"Ah, May! Do you think you could let Y/N get to where she has to go, we could go back to my table while we wait," Finn offered her. May looked back at me, wearily, and said nothing. She walked off with Finn as she mouthed to me "run."
What's her deal? Finn's a nice person...the nicest out there in this cruel world. He's everything a girl could ask for—looks, smarts, empathy. I just wonder when he will settle down with the right girl, with a girl unlike me...a girl who's older and more mature, smart, cool, beautiful.

I opened up Break Room G and turned on the light and shut the door behind me. As soon as I looked up, I was slammed into the wall causing me to groan out in pain. I shot opened my eyes to see Zachary.
"Master said never to kill you, but what's the fun in that?" Zachary sneered.

"Zachary...please don't," I pleaded. Zachary kicked me hard in the side. What are my options for survival? Pleading didn't work...I guess fighting my way to escaping.

"I nearly got killed by him thanks to you, and Emra got fucking hurt," Zachary said, "and I don't see what's so special about you that...that Master plays around with you. Master sent you here to be scared, but I'll do much more than scare you."
I backed up against the wall and shook my head. Out of nowhere, a golden string pierced Zachary's stomach. He fell to the ground and stared at me as if I did it...as if I killed him. I covered my mouth and sobbed into my hands. I feel it happening, time stopped which means he's coming. I lifted up my head where I was face to face with Finn with golden eyes.

"You aren't...," I drifted off as my heart pounded in my chest, "how long have you been in his body?"

"Long enough to notice how in love with him you are," Jonathan admits. I nodded as tears slid down my face.
He pressed his lips against mine and I stayed still. It doesn't count, it's not him.

"Jonathan...what the hell is wrong with you? I meet you my first day of school and—and you disappear on me after I found out you're dead! You murdered Issac a-and I just hate you! I hate you, I hate you, I hate you!" I yelled. I pounded my hands on his chest as I sobbed. Jonathan took my hands and laid me down on top of him.
"I took his body for two selfish reasons; I crave life and I crave your lips against mine. I would stay in this body forever, but it's killing him ever so slowly. I should go but just so you know, he doesn't deserve you," Jonathan says as his voice gets quieter as if he's falling asleep. I cried into his chest and embraced his arm around me.