Silver Linings - a Shawn Mendes fanfic

Canada. Anywhere but Canada. The place where it's constantly cold, and rainy and gross. It's so different from Pennsylvania. Not to mention I own more shorts and tanks than I do long sleeved shit.

"Erika! Come on there's still boxes!" My dad called. As if I wanted to move with my dad to Canada. My parents just had to get a divorce. They had to split up the kids. So now my twin brother Daniel was in the US and I was in Canada. I groaned getting up form my spot on the front porch of the new house. It wasn't as cold right now because summer was coming up, but how joyful would it be when winter came. I went, quickly grabbing a box from the truck in the driveway and starting down the ramp. I turned to head up the driveway, and almost jumped when I heard the voice behind me.

"Hey, you need help?" I heard a voice come from behind me. I started fumbling with the boxes when I turned around. In front of me was an extemely attractive boy. Did I mention how beautiful Canadian boys are? I didn't? Oops.

"Ugh, a bit yeah." He walked up, took the boxes out of my hands and waited for me to grab some before heading into the house.

"Who's this Er?"

"Um.."

"Shawn Mendes. I live across the street." He interjected introducing himself.

"Nice to meet you Shawn. Those boxes go up to Erika's room." He nodded at my dad and I lead him there. He started talking as we climbed the stairs.

"Erika, hmm?"

"Yeah, I'm not from around here, can you tell?"

"I could tell by your accent, darling. You're American." My eyes widened slightly.

"I don't have an accent. What are you talking about?"

"You're in Canada. Not a lot of people sound and talk like you do miss." I rolled my eyes smiling.

"Whatever. I think it's time we properly introduced ourselves. I'm Erika Wheeler."

"Shawn Mendes. I'm fifteen." Whoa. There's no way this dude was my age.

"Oh?"

"Yeah. 1998."

"I wouldn't have been able to guess."

"Is that a compliment?"

"Yeah, yeah. You looked older." I giggled a bit, nervous. God this boy was gorgeous. Tall, shortish brown hair, gorgeous brown eyes.

"Erika that's the last of it!"

"Kay!"

"Could you come get this box for your bathroom?"

"Yeah, dad." I shouted and headed downstairs, leaving Shawn at the top of the steps. I took the box from my dad and he winked at me. "Dad, stop." I scolded, rolling my eyes as I headed back up the steps. I swear sometimes he was worse than my mom. I entered my bathroom after passing the complete stranger standing at the entrance of my bathroom. 

"Hey you never told me how old you were." Shawn stated as I exited the bathroom and lead him to my room once more. 

"Oh! I'm fifteen. Sorry about that." I laughed and opened a box starting to unpack all the clothes in the boxes and putting them in the closet.

"Big ass closet you've got."

"What?" I asked laughing a bit. 

"That's a huge closet for someone your size."

"I'm sure you've seen bigger."

"Nope. Biggest closet I've seen for sure." He joked. I started laughing and shook my head. 

"You're my first impression of Canada and it's making me a bit queezy." I stated in reply.

"Hey now, I'm pretty awesome. Trust me." I turned to him as he opened another box.

"I barely know you and you expect me to trust you?" He laughed and hopped onto my desk.

"You should. I'm your neighbor. Your guide to Canada."

"Ok Mr. Mendes." I laughed continuing with the transfer of clothing. I heard a ding and he pulled out his phone.

"Hey, I've got to get moving. You got a phone?"

"No, actually I don't. I have an iPod though."

"iMessage?" I nodded as he handed me his phone. As I typed in my information his phone vibrated in my hands.

"What was that?"

"Another email."

"Another?"

"Yeah, see I do covers on YouTube. I wanna say I'm pretty good."

"How good?"

"I'm opening for Austin Mahone this summer." He explained and my jaw dropped.

"That's not good, that's fricken amazing if you ask me. I'll have to check it out!" He laughed again.

"Alright, I'll show myself out. If you need help with anything let me know."

"Thanks. It was great meeting you."

"You too!" He waved and walked out the door. I heard him say goodbye to my dad with a polite, 'Goodbye Mr. Wheeler.' I grabbed my iPod and searched Twitter for Shawn. His account came up with a bunch of tweets about him. I followed him and then tweeted, "Just met @.ShawnMendes. Great guy. Can't wait to be taught all of Canada's ways." I continued to unpack and heard my iPod go off. Shawn had followed me back and retweeted my last tweet. Which was now getting so many favorites and retweets. I gained follower after follower then.

"Mr. Mendes you are popular." I muttered getting up and heading downstairs to help my dad.