Chapter 3

3

"Dude, how long have you known her?"

"Who?"

"Erika, dumbass."

"Oh, about a day?" Cameron looked at me and then put his eyes on the road.

"You've known her for only that long and you're toting her around?"

"She's never had any real friends. Plus she's my neighbor. I have to trust her."

"No, you don't."

"She'll be going to school with me."

"You're going to be on tour for like a quarter of your tenth grade career."

"Well who are you now, my dad?" I asked looking at him snapping a little bit.

"You're whipped. You're so fucking whipped and you barely know her." I just shut up not looking at him. "Oh, ok so now I try to help you and you're ignoring me. Great."

"You're not helping me Cameron. I want to get to know her. She freaking came over the other day. I taught her to play a song on the guitar, she's invited me over, she trusts me and I trust her."

"Maybe since she hasn't had some real relationships she's having an easier time trusting you."

"Are you saying you don't fucking trust me?!"

"I never said that!! When did I ever say that??"

"That's what it sounded like!"

"But-"

"Don't you even dare start I-"

"You listen here Mendes, I-"

"Cameron, I don't see a big de-" Suddenly an ear splitting shout came from the back.

"SHUT UP!" When Cameron pulled up to the nearest stop light, we both looked at a now awake Erika. "Really? You're really arguing this much because of me? Really?"

"We weren't arguing about y-"

"Shut it, Dallas. Just pick up McDonalds or something and take me home." He nodded and turned back to the light which quickly turned green. We pulled up to the drive thru of McDonalds, got food and then headed home. Cameron pulled into my driveway and I got out infuriated.

"Erika wait! Please." She turned around and looked at me as I stood there looking at her. She slowly backed up and shook her head.

"I need alone time." She spoke, backing up again and turning to face her house and walking in.

I slammed Cameron's car door shut and walked home. When I got to my room collapsing onto my bed, groaning. "Well what's your problem?" I rolled over and look at Aaliyah in the doorway, then rolled back over. "You and Erika fight?"

"No. Cameron and I did. Which made us come home early, because Erika didn't want to be in the middle of it."

"Ok?"

"You wouldn't understand." I spoke sitting up and looking at her.

"Just apologize."

"No. He said I was trusting Erika too much for only knowing her for a day."

"Her dad works with the FBI I highly doubt you can't trust her."

"Yeah, I kn- wait what?!" I yelled at her.

"You didn't know that??"

"No!"

"He was sent up here to have a Canadian station. They suspect someone's up here hiding because they killed someone. He works up here now. "

"Holy shit..." I muttered, running a hand through my hair.

"I think that gives you a little more reason to trust her." Aaliyah mumbled looking at me.

"Yeah. Thanks.." She nodded walking out and I shook my head falling back into my pillow. "FBI.."

E r i k a

I groaned after arguing with my father about not being home at the scheduled time, and grabbed my laptop. I pulled open skype and started a call to my brother. "Er-plane! How are ya?" He chuckled looking at me, making me giggle.

"I'm ok. How about you, Howell."

"Hey, I'm not British, nor do I look anything like Dan Howell."

"Suit yourself." He shook his head chuckling.

"I'm doing well. Mum's doing well. The baby's doing well."

"Is she?"

"Yeah mum's great. She's happy with Adam. A lot happier than she was with dad."

"Good. Speaking of dad is arguing with me."

"Because you were in Ontario at a Vine meet up?" My jaw dropped.

"How did you know?" I asked dumbfounded.

"I have a Vine. And I'm following Cameron Dallas. And he revined your vines."

"Oh.."

"Hey you haven't checked your twitter have you?"

"No.."

"Don't." I exited the window the call still going on as I opened twitter. "Erika don't!"

"I'm not I have to look something up." I spoke typing. T-W-I-T-T-E-R.C-O-M enter. Immeadietly, I saw a little icon on my notifications with '2k notifications' above it. I softly clicked it and my heart sank to my chest. 'Who the hell is @ErWheeler and what is she doing with Shawn.'

'FATTASS SEEN WITH SHAWN MENDES @ErWheeler' 'what the actual fuck. http://twitpic.&3&9/9/02 @ErWheeler'

'what's with the Mexican tagging along with Shawn. @ErWheeler @ShawnMendes'

"what.."

'Cut yourself whore @ErWheeler' 'go die @Erwheeler'

'#nasty @ErWheeler' I closed the window not being able to take it. I shut the laptop setting it beside me softly. I pulled my knees to my chest letting the tweets keep running through my head. Why were they doing this? I've done nothing.