Chapter 17

17

September came and went as fast as it possibly could. Which meant October had arrived. It was the day before my birthday and I was swamped with work. I had swimming to go to, homework to do and a track banquet to go to. I groaned and laid on my bed. "You should probably get ready for practice." "And I have to run there since dad's at work." I groaned getting up and grabbing a one piece and my goggles and swim cap throwing them in a bag. "Not necessarily." "Then how do you suggest I get there?" "I mean I didn't pass my first driving test so I don't have my permit or anything." My eyes widened and I turned around as Shawn waved his permit around. "Oh my god, I totally forgot about that. I'm so sorry Shawn, we were supposed to hang out tonight to celebrate." I spoke wrapping my arms around his neck. "It's fine. You've got work, and then the banquet and all. I get it." A thought then occurred to me. "Ya know. I don't have to go if I don't want to." "You should." "I don't want to though." I spoke looking at him. "God you're hard to persuade." He chuckled kissing me quickly. "Get your things I'll drive you with my mom." I smiled and did as I was told and followed Shawn out to his house.

After practice I ran inside Shawn closely behind. "Whoa whoa whoa. Are those hockey sticks?" "Yeah, I used to play. I gotta shower babe." "I'll be here." I rolled my eyes and ran upstairs to shower. I finished quickly drying my hair on putting on makeup. I headed downstairs and found Shawn in the driveway shooting tennis balls into the hockey net that was in the cabinet. "I see you found the net." I giggled. He turned around looking at me. "Yeah, I did. It wasn't hard to find." He shot another in. "You're using my stick." I spoke grabbing at it. "Oh, and what are you going to do?" "I'll check you." "You wouldn't." He smirked and I raised an eyebrow at him. I shoved a shoulder into him, who wasn't expecting the check and made him fall on his ass. "I told you. But no." I laughed taking my stick. "Shit, you're stronger than I thought you were." "Oh? I bet I'm faster too." "You've got yourself a bet there, Wheeler." I smiled and headed to the cabinet and grabbed my skates. Shawn ran over to his house to his things and I met him in his driveway. "You ready to be beaten?" "I think you've got the wrong question there Shawn. I believe it should be 'are you ready to beat me?' Because you're going down." He laughed and climbed into the car as I put our things in the back.

We got to the rink and ran in. Shawn bought sticktime passes and got the bracelets pulling on my bracelet for me. "Thanks babe. But I'm still going to kick your ass." He chuckled and we headed to a bench to tie on our skates. "Aw shit, do we have a puck?" Shawn asked looking at me. I unzipped my stick bag and pulled out a puck dropping it between us and continuing to tie on my skates. "Well then, someone's prepared." He chuckled. I rolled my eyes giggling, and stood up pulling my stick out of it's bag. I jogged to rink doors as the zamboni exited the ring and I opened the door and skated on. I turned around skating backwords looking at Shawn. We were the only ones crazy enough to go to sticktime on a Thursday in October, so we had the ice to ourselves. They put up the goals and left. "One on one?" I asked skating backwords looking at him. "Why not?" He chuckled. I set the puck at center ice and we drawed. Which I won pulling away from him and skating my ass of and shooting backhandedly watching the puck fly into the goal. "Okay, I need to beat you."

By the time sticktime was over I had beaten Shawn so many times (The final score was 3 -13 I kept track.) And I was laughing my head off. "You beat me." "Yeah! I did! And you're Canadian! Known for hockey! That's just sad Mendes. I beat you at your own game." He shook his head sitting down. "You're taking off my skates loser. He chuckled again and got up as I sat down. I took a picture sending it to Twitter with "this is what happens when you lose. Haha loser. Still love you. @ShawnMendes :3" I giggled looking at the photo. He was looking up at the camera and had a slight pout on his face. "You're so lovable." "Am I?" "Yes. Because you treat me like royalty." "That's because you're the princess of my kingdom, and I'm here any time you need a knight in shining armor." He spoke smiling and kissing my hand. "God I love you." I spoke leaning down and kissing him softly.