Chapter 8

8

E r i k a

I rolled over in bed as my dad called for me. "Whattttt."

"Aaliyah's here with something." I groaned and got out of bed. It was early, like the sun wasn't even up yet. My dad was because of work but why was Aaliyah? I got downstairs and waved at her. "Sorry for waking you."

"It's fine. What's up?" "Shawn wanted to drop this off." She spoke handing me a blue hoodie. "Is he sick or something?"

"He's on his way to New York..." This woke me up.

"Oh?"

"Yeah.. He's gonna be there all weekend and all of next week.."

"That little.. Thanks Lee."

"No problem." She smiled and started to the door.

"Hey why are you up this early?"

"To say goodbye to Shawn and my dad. We just got back from dropping them off at the airport." I nodded clenching my jaw a bit.

"He hasn't boarded yet?"

"Not until six. You have to be there two hours before your flight. Security is tough to get through this time of year." I nodded and waved thanking her and shutting the door.

"SHAWN!!!" I ran upstairs grabbing my phone.

"Well guess who was just woken up by someone's little sister? Me. Why the hell didn't you tell me you were leaving? FOR NINE DAYS. Definitely can trust you."

I groaned slamming my phone down on my side table climbing back into bed. I heard a text message come in. He could wait.

S h a w n

Well damn.

"Well guess who was just woken up by someone's little sister? Me. Why the hell didn't you tell me you were leaving? FOR NINE DAYS. Definitely can trust you."

"Erika let me explain."

And she didn't reply. Thanks. "Shawn, phone and shoes." I groaned sliding off my vans and throwing them in the bin with my carry on and my phone. I walked through the metal detector sighing and grabbing my things on the other side. Once I was put together I headed to the gate. I sat down pulling my headphones out and droning out everything else. My dad got that I was in the dog house with Erika and texted me.

"Going to McDonalds. What do you want?"

"Tim Hortons."

"I'm going to McDonalds, Shawn."

"Caramel Iced coffee and a bacon egg crossiant sandwhich."

"Thank you."

My dad got up and I sighed. I scrolled through twitter reading my indirects and waiting for the flight to board. Until my phone vibrated in my hands with a text from the girl who was pissed off at me.

"Really Shawn you couldn't have said something? You obviously knew with your response of 'yeah.' I wouldn't have been upset. Really. Now that you've lied to my freaking face I don't know how much of what you said is real and how much I can trust you. (PS your hoodie is really comfy. Even though I'm mad at you I'm not mad at your hoodie.)"

The last part got me laughing. She was so stinking adorable.

"Look I didn't want to upset you and I literally found out yesterday morning. It slipped my mind that I needed to tell you. Really. I was only trying to not hurt you. And I only told you truths Erika. Most of those stories Nash and Cameron don't even know."

My dad came back with a bag and a plastic cup. "Thanks." I mumbled taking them.

"You in trouble with Erika?"

"Yeah. This is your fault you know. I told you I couldn't go because I promised Erika I'd go out on Saturday."

"Yes. And I'm sorry. I guess I didn't realize that she felt the same way."

"Dad... Can I tell you something? You have to promise not to tell mom." He nodded and I pulled out my headphones. "Erika and I are kind of a thing. I've known her for little over like a business week and I feel like I've known her for years.. I don't know what it is but I've told her things not even Nash knows. Not even Lauren."

"I know what you're talking about. That's the same exact way I felt when I met your mother." I sat up looking at him.

"What?"

"It was like love at first sight for me. I saw her and knew that there was something different about her. I had to get to know her."

"And you guys.. Are married..."

"Yes. Great observation."

"Dad are you saying..I'm in love with her?"

"Not initially. But I think you're getting there."

"No dad I think I'm in love."

"Whatever you say. Don't go throwing that word around unpurposefully. Say it when it feels right. That can lead her on." I nodded and looked down at my phone.

"Text message. Kind of hard to believe you."

"You're the one who's up at four in the morning replying to someone you're mad at."

"True. But because I want to know the real reason why you didn't tell me."

"Erika I didn't want to hurt your feelings. I didn't want to come off as rejecting you."

"Shawn you asked me out. Not the other way around. You really think I was going to feel rejected by you?"

"Yeah.."

"You're so cute and innocent."

"No. I'm manly as hell."

"Certainly. I'm going back to bed. We can do that date thing when you get back. <3"

"G'night princess. :3"

And we were back on good terms. Good to know. I pulled out my food eating it and tweeted, "I think it might be love. But these sparks are giving me false alarms." Hey those could be good song lyrics.

Walking up to you
I'd never think I'd be
Where I am now
But I'm closer than I've ever been

It's hard to believe that in such small time
It feels like I've known you years longer
I don't know what this is
But I gotta find out

I think it might be love
But these sparks are giving me false alarms
It's hard to tell when I've got no access
To your heart to tell if you feel the same

You never know a good thing til it's gone
The thought of loosing your trust almost killed me
But here I am
I'm alive but I'm barely breathing

Everything you do gives me another clue
to what is going on
I don't know what it is
But I gotta find out

I think it might be love
But these sparks are giving me false alarms
It's hard to tell when I've got no access
To your heart to tell if you feel the same

You're giving me false alarms
False alarms
False alarms
False alarms
I gotta find out what's going on
Switch these false alarms
False alarms
False alarms
False alarms

Way to go Shawn. 'Nother song for the EP. Just gotta put it to music.

"Shawn, we're boarding." I got up and grabbed my cup and back pack, following my dad on. A girl around the age of fourteen kept waving at me. I waved back politely. When we sat down she came up to me asking me if I could have a picture. I chuckled and agreed. I took a picture and followed her on twitter. Her tweets were pretty adorable. "GUYS LOOK!!" She had taken a picture of me at the gate and video taped me mouthing the lyrics I'd written. I chuckled and favorited the tweets saving the photo she posted of me and her.

"Met a fan this morning!! New York let's go. ✌️" I chuckled shaking my head and turning off my phone when I was told.