Chapter 1

1

I sat on the porch connected to my room sat on the railing humming, writing down some notes and lyrics. Songwriting was one of my favorite things. I started softly singing the lyrics I had writtendown. 

"Lying here,with shining stars above me. I sit here wondering how you didn't love me, when I gave you everything I ever had. I tell mind 'don't take him back' but there's nothing truly stopping me. Na, na, na, na, na. "

"You sing?"

"OH MY GOD!" I fell off the railing, onto the porch, banging my head on the wood below me.

"Hey, you alright?"

"Where did you just come from?"

"Nevermind that. Are you okay?"

"I think?" He flew over the gate in front of the steps to the backyard and grabbed my hand pulling me up. I immeadietly became dizzy.

"Oh god." I put a hand up to my forehead.

"Here," suddenly I felt my feet be pulled off the floor swiftly, myself be carried into my room and then placed onto my bed. "You, sure you're alright, Erika?" I nodded slowly looking at him.

"Yeah. What are you doing here?" He started to slightly blush.

"There's um, a trail behind your house that I run everyday, and I heard you singing and.." I opened my eyes once again to see a sweaty Shawn in front of me. God this boy. I smiled a bit until my head started hurting again.

"Oh my god this hurts." I spoke slowly sitting up and rubbing the back of my head.

"Let's get you some ice. Is your dad home?"

"No, he ran out to get some things." He nodded, picked me up again and started down the stairs. He went down them quickly and easily. I'd never seen that in person, only in movies. This had to be a movie right? There's no way my loving parents would divorce and my dad would make us seperate. Daniel and I are so close. He wouldn't make us move to Canada. Yet I was here, falling off of railing due to my neighbors scaring the life out of me.

"You've got no ice."

"New fridge. Most likely doesn't."

"Here, we have some at my house."

"Shawn, I'm fine. Thanks."

"I'm still calling my sister to bring ice." He stated pulling out his phone. I sighed and tried to get off the counter. "Don't move." He spoke putting a hand on my knee as he lifted the phone to his ear. Butterflies erupted in my stomach, and I bit my lip. Gosh, all I did was fall off a railing. Ok now, putting it to words it sounds a lot different. "Aaliyah? Hey, could you run a bag of ice to the house across the street? No, I didn't run into a tree, you twat." At this I giggled and he smiled a bit at me. "We got new neighbors and they don't have ice. I would know, I'm at their house." I shook my head laughing a little. "Look, bring over the ice I'll explain later." He hung up and couldn't help but giggle. "You okay there?"

"I don't even know what that conversation contained, but it was funny." He shook his head and I turned to get off the counter.

"What did I tell you?!" He jokingly shouted at me, moving my legs back on the counter.

"This is my house!"

"You are injured! You must stay put!"

"Oh my god." I shook my head, giggling when the door rang.

"Stay!" He pointed at me starting to the dining room.

"Other way." I laughed watching him run the other direction to get to the front door. Shawn came back, a girl ,I assumed this was his sister, following in suit.