Chapter 11

11

E r i k a

I got to the airport constantly wiping my eyes looking for Cameron. I found him quickly running into his arms crying. I was worried. Cameron held me tightly gently walking me to his car. "He's going to be alright. He's going to be okay." I couldn't stop crying the whole way to Children's. I held onto Cam's arm reading all the #prayforshawn tweets trying to find comfort. "Babe you're not going to find any comfort reading those." I sighed biting my lip and locking my phone and staring at the radio. Say something came on which made me feel worse.

"You don't think he was in a car crash do you?"

"No. His mom would've flown out immeadietly." I nodded as we pulled into the parking lot and I got out struggling to unbuckle do to my shaking. Cameron reached over gently and unbuckled me.

"Thanks.." I got out and walked in as fast as I could.

"How can I help you?"

"I'm looking for Shawn Mendes?" I spoke softly as the receptionist typed up his name.

"Shawn Peter Raul Mendes, 15, came in with some sort of allergic reaction."

"Longish brown hair and brown eyes with his ears pierced?" I asked finding it a bit hard to breathe.

"Yes."

"Is it deadly?"

"I'm not too sure of that. " I felt my eyes close, and tears fall again.

"Are we allowed to see him?"

"I don't believe so. But you can head up to the floor's waiting room."

"He's been admitted?"

"Yes." I turned to Cameron starting to cry. He pulled me to his side rubbing my back as I cried again. He filled out visitor passes for both of us and he lead us upstairs. When I saw his dad he stood up and ran to him hugging him. He hesitated to hug me back, as I was crying so hard.

"Mr. Mendes, A word?" I pulled away watching him disappear with the doctor. I slowly sat down staring at the wall in front of me.

"Erika...?" I heard Cameron sit next down and gently start to rub my back. I heard footsteps and looked over at Shawn's dad.

"Is he ok?"

"He's going to be just fine." A sigh of relief passed my lips.

"Is he up?"

"No, but we can see him." I nodded and followed him into Shawn's room. Walking up to his bed I sighed. He had an IV in his arm and he just looked so out of it wearing the hospital gown. I gently moved his hair out of his face, repeatedly, trying to calm my nerves. Very suddenly Shawn woke up looking around.

"Hey, hey, it's just me." I spoke softly continuing with his hair.

"You scared the crap out of me." He muttered leaning back and closing his eyes.

"Sleep baby. You need it." I saw a smile spread across his face. I smiled softly and leaned a kiss to his forehead backing up. His dad sat down with his phone starting to zone out. I exited and turned into Cameron.

"Well?"

"He's fine."

"See, I told you there was nothing to worry about." He spoke taking a step closer.

"I know but I mean when you're in that situation you tend to freak out. And I was fre-" I was interrupted by a pair of lips, that weren't Shawn's. I quickly pulled away and felt my hand strike Cameron's cheek. "What then hell are you doing?!" I whisper yelled since Shawn was only feet away.