Chapter 13

13

E r i k a

I got up the next morning in an actual bed. What had happened. I rolled over to a cold bed. "Shawn?" I mumbled sitting up and looking around, rubbing my eyes. I picked up my phone seeing a message.

"I HAD TO RUN AUSTIN LOST HIS VOICE AND WE HAD A STAFF MEETING I AM SO SORRY BABY. I WILL BE BACK AT LIKE ELEVEN TO TAKE YOU HOME I'M SO SORRY ER I REALLY THOUGHT WE'D HAVE TIME TOGETHER."

I sighed softly and gently replied.

"Hey, don't worry about it. I'll ask my step-dad to come get me. I'm supposed to help my cousin with my mom's baby shower."

I climbed out of bed and sighed grabbing my things and called my step-dad. "Erika? What are you doing?"

"Can you come get me downtown? Shawn can't get me home."

"Yeah yeah. I'll be there in five." I nodded and muttered thanks before hanging up. I headed out the door. I sat in the lounge waiting for my step-dad and watched the twittersphere. I took a selfie, still in Shawn's hoodie from last night. "Comfy. :D" I sighed when my step-father pulled up. I got up and climbed in not looking at him. "So..." I groaned putting in my headphones and zoning him out.

About an hour later I got home to see my house filled with pink memorabilia. "Grand." I mumbled. I sighed and looked around for my cousin. "Um... Where's Nikki?"

"She couldn't make it. We had your step-brother and step-sister help. They should be around here. Andrea! Brooks!" I had step siblings? I watched as two blonde haired 'kids' came down the steps.

"Yeah?"

"You've yet to meet your step-sister. This is Erika." I waved politely and smiled. These people were related to me? Holy shit. They were gorgeous. Their mom must've been pretty hot.

"Hi there, I'm Andrea and that's Brooks. I hope you're not uncomfortable about this." I wasn't the oldest in the family anymore. In fact I was about to be the middle child. At least on moms side.

The shower went well and I heard what my sister's name was going to be. Selena Faith Lavish. Selena or Ayden. I liked Ayden better but you know I don't get a say. I was driven to the airport later and got home around midnight. "Missed you." My dad hummed when I hugged him.

"You have no idea." I fell asleep on the way home not receiving the texts from Shawn.

"Princess? Helloooooo? Okay fine. You're probably asleep you lazy twat. Don't hit me the next time you see me for that. Please. I'm sorry. I love you. Sleep tight."

When we got to the house I headed up to my room collapsing onto my bed and crawling in. I was so tired, I didn't care about my phone at the moment. I sighed curling under the sheets and closed my eyes.

A few months had passed as Shawn continued to tour. I woke up rolling over and so happy that it was the weekend. School was rough, and I had no friends. I just wasn't wanted. Not even Shawn's friends wanted to talk to me. They thought I didn't know him really and rejected me. So when the point of a weekend came up I was so glad. But that joy didn't last long. I picked up my phone and saw a message from Cameron. We hadn't talked in forever and I wonder how he was. I soon found out.

"Erika, I'm sorry I tried to mess with your relationship with Shawn. I'm never going to be able to find someone like how Shawn found you. I'm sorry I kissed you and I'm sorry you hate me. You were a close-ish friend and I appreciate you for that. Thank you."

I got a text while reading the one I had from Shawn.

"Did you get an apology text from Cameron too? Because he said were a lot and I'm worried."