Chapter 12

Alyssa's POV

I got in the front passenger seat while waiting for Henry to get in.

He slammed the car door once he got into the driver's side.

Without a word, he started the engine and began to drive.

I watched him quietly from my seat, afraid to utter a single word.

His usual sleeked hair was dishevelled now. He was breathing hard. I noticed that his hands were gripping onto the steering wheel tightly as his eyes were trained on the road.

He didn't look like his confident arrogant self. Instead, he was the opposite of that. He looked heartbroken. It was easy to see that he was surpressing his emotions before me.

Anna must have told him everything she had told me too. I was outraged that my own sister was capable of ending an innocent life because she wasn't ready to be a mother. At the end of the day, it was her decision to go with it. There wasn't much that could be done now. Not only that, she cheated on Henry too.

Of course, I only came to know about their relationship a while ago. But, I knew that Henry must have loved her very much. There were together for so many years. I couldn't decipher why she had cheated on him despite being with him all these years. 

Then again, she had told me how she didn't want to give me an opportunity to win Henry over. Leaving him meant that there was still a chance I could be with him. I wondered how insecure and foolish my sister must have been to think as such. Even if she had left, it was unlikely that Henry would have wanted to be with me. I was basically non-existent to him. I wish I could just ignore him like he did. However, I still cared for him deeply even if I resisted the urge to do so.

"Henry, are you ok?", I asked softly.

We were at a red light now. He turned  to me with a surprised expression on his face. Perhaps, he didn't expect that I would talk to him, given that I had declared how much I hated him when I found out about his secret relationship with Anna.

"Do I look ok to you?", he answered sarcastically.

I instantly regretted my decision of being nice to him. Regardless of what I were to say or do, I knew that he would continue to treat me disrespectfully and in a demeaning manner. In spite of all that had happened, I genuinely wanted to know if he was fine.

The light turned green and he stepped on the pedal, propelling the car forward.

I turned my face towards the window trying to hide my disgruntled face. My mind was preoccupied with everything that Anna had said to me. 

She had mentioned that she wanted to make things right by forcing me into a marriage with Henry. She was completely out of her mind to think that we would lead a happy married life.

In fact, she had only made things worse for the both of us. I would have carried on with my life even if I yearned for Henry. Without a doubt, it would have been hard to move on from him. Nevertheless, I would have forced myself to do so. 

Somehow or rather, the universe had conspired and brought us together. Now that I'm finally with Henry, I wish it never happened. I wish I could wake up from this nightmare and go back to my old life where I had some peace and happiness unlike now. 

"We're home.", Henry nudged my shoulder to awake me.

My eyes fluttered open to the familiar surrounding of the car park. I must have fallen asleep. I turned to my side to look at Henry. He look just as grim as before. He gestured impatiently for me to get out from the car. Did he have to be rude about everything.

I sighed heavily before I got our from the car. The elevator ride up to the penthouse was just as quiet as our car ride.

The moment the elevator doors opened to the house, he stormed off to his room and slammed the door shut. 

It was not long before I heard deafening sounds of glass shattering and objects being thrown around in his room.

"Shit!", I cursed under my breath as I understood what was going on.

Hi everyone! Hope you liked this chapter. The next chapter will be much more longer and interesting :)

As always, please vote, comment and share. Thanks for reading bye :)