Chapter 33

Alyssa's POV

I woke up groggy and disoriented the next morning. I had passed out on my bed.

I had a restless sleep the entire night. Waking up in between and checking for a reply from Henry. Still nothimg from him.

I had given up and decided to call him instead. But, my calls went straight to voicemail. That was odd. I wondered if his phone battery had died.

I fought to keep my eyelids awake in hope that he would respond me but I had falled into deep sleep.

I frantically reached for my phone to check again. No calls, messages....nothing.

Fear and panic consumed me. It was now 8.30am. Something didn't feel right.

I tried his number again. It was the voicemail again. I sat upright on my bed on the verge of tears.

I had no idea what to do now. I didn't have any clue where he had gone to or who he was with now. I knew a couple of his friends he had introduced me previously. Maybe I could call them up.

Wait....no that's not such a good idea. What if they didn't know where he was? They would be puzzled as to why I was calling them to check on him.

It would be embarrasing if I had to tell them that we had got into a fight and that's why he left. I wasn't the type of person that shared personal details of my life with just about anyone. Forget it...

I thought about my parents briefly. I instantly knew that it was out of the question.

It had barely been a day since we lost Anna and I didn't want to upset them further with this. I rather deal it myself then involve them.

It was then my mind flashed to Liam. I didn't hesitate for a moment. I needed his help and he was the only one that I could trust for now.

I felt that he wouldn't judge me if I were to share with him about what happened.

I dialed his number and waited as his phone rang.

"Hello?", I heard his soft dazed voice on the other end.

He must have been asleep. It was the weekend after all and probably had no work. That explained why he was still sleeping in.

"Hey Liam, I'm sorry to wake you up. I need your help.", my voice cracked.

This got his attention.

"Wait...did something happen Alyssa? Are you okay?", he became alert at this point.

"Yes...it's Henry. We got into a huge fight last night after I got home. He left and he has not returned home. I have messaged and called him. No reply from him at all. My calls are going to voicemail....I don't where he is. I'm worried Liam.", I croaked.

"Alyssa....", he sighed with pity.

"It's my fault. I shouldn't have fought with him.", I couldn't control the tears anymore.

"Please don't cry...did you call his friends and check with them. He could have crashed at one of their places?", he offered.

"I thought about that but I didn't want to involve them. I don't feel comfortable sharing with them about what happened. And, I don't think Henry would have gone to them. It was pretty late and his friends are mostly businessmen. They are rarely in town or they have their own families here. They would have been asleep by the time he left our home." I explained.

"Yeah...make sense.", he yawned after he said that.

"I'm sorry I woke you up." I felt bad for waking him up.

"Nah, no big deal. Ok, I have an idea. Why don't you come over to my place first? We can sit down and talk about what we can do about this, alright?", he spoke calmly.

I wanted to agree but I thought for a moment about the possibility of Henry deciding to return home when I left. He would look for me if I wasn't at home too.

"Liam, what if Henry returns home when I leave?", I hesitated for a moment.

"Alyssa, I can hear how distraught you are over this situation. Being alone at your place is not going to make you feel better. It's just going to make you more stressed.", he responded.

I mean he had a point. If Henry happened to be back, he would definetely call me and check on where I was.

I would have no other choice but to lie that I was at my parents' or out to get some groceries than to say I was with Liam. I didn't want to fight with him again.

I had no idea why Henry despised Liam so much. Then again, it's hard to be friends with the boyfriend of your ex-girlfriend.

"Yeah, you're right. I will take a shower and head over to your place."

"Okay, see you soon."he hung up the phone and I scampered to my bathroom to get ready.

As I entered, my eyes landed on the pregnancy test on the counter.

It had two red lines on it. The result was positive. I'm pregnant.

I was ecstatic. I couldn't believe Henry and I were going to have a baby together. My heart swelled with joy.

Another part of me felt sad that I wasn't able to share this happy moment with him. I couldn't wait to share this good news with him once he was back. He would be over the moon.

I lifted up the t-shirt and placed my hand on my tummy as I looked in the mirror.

"Daddy's gonna be home soon ok."

I smiled weakly and gave a small pat on it before going into the shower.

Hi guys! Hope you enjoyed this chpater!

Yassss Alyssa's pregnant!

Let me know what you thought about this chapter.

As always, please hit that star button and thanks for reading bye! :)