Chapter 47

Alyssa's POV

"Dad, do you happen to have a pen on you?", I asked.

At that moment, Mr Garrett entered back into the room.

"Is there any reason you need a pen, Ms Alyssa?", Mr Garrett questioned.

"I thought Liam could write down what he wants to say."

Mr Garrett eyed me suspiciously like he didn't know why I was doing this.

Regardless, he complied and retrieved a small notebook along with a pen and passed it to me.

"Here, write what you are thinking.", I handed over the book to Liam.

Liam blinked at a loss for a couple of seconds. He glanced at all of us in the room hesitantly.

"Go ahead, just write what's on your mind. At least we can communicate with each other like this.", I offered an encouraging smile.

He nodded feebly and focused on penning down his thoughts.

Liam was scribbling down words as fast as he could manage. He held the pen like his life depended on it, as if he couldn’t wait to pour out everything from his heart onto the paper.

I glanced over at Henry. His displeasure was evident as he frowned upon me. He was still upset with me over wanting to give Liam a chance.

If only I could make him truly understand why I had to do this, he probably wouldn’t be giving me such a hard time over this.

But, I had to keep my mouth sealed, at least for now. Not until I find out the truth…

Dad and Mr Garrett on the other hand, were fixated on Liam like hawks. They were just as curious about what he was writing, just as I was.

It didn’t take long for him to write down his feelings on to the notebook.

Once he was done, he passed it to me.

“Can I read it aloud? If you don’t mind?”, I asked.

Liam nodded without any hesitation.

Here goes nothing….

"Alyssa, I truly don’t know where to start. My head’s so messed up now…I have a million things running through my head now.

It’s so weird…like how I can’t speak…not being able to let the words out. Instead, they’re all stuck inside of me… in my head…waiting to escape me.

I guess I deserve this…I have no one else but to blame myself for everything that’s happened.

I have done so many despicable things, especially to you Alyssa.

My hatred and anger blinded me and I never imagined it would turn me into a monster….

I couldn’t stand to see you happy when I had lost everything…when I had nothing to myself. You had everything I had ever wished for after my parents died. You had a roof over you head, adoptive parents who loved you like their own...all that I struggled to have. I despised you for the longest time for it. Deep down, I knew it was never your fault.

But, I had nowhere else to displace my pent up fury. So, I decided to shift all the blame to you. I wish I had someone to tell me that what I was doing was wrong…to guide me…to reprimand me. I had no one but myself to rely on.

Do you know what that does to a child? It changes you forever. At an age where I was supposed to lead a happy and carefree life…I was forced to fend for myself. Having to teach, guide and depend on yourself at a young age…it

That’s how I survived for long. The very thought of destroying you was the only thing that kept me going. It fuelled my drive to survive…to live. It gave me purpose.

I know it’s hard to forget and move on from everything that’s happened. But, I do sincerely hope that a part of you can forgive me.

I want to start afresh in life….especially with you... I have nothing left, nothing worth living for...except for you. I want to be good for you...I want to be a good brother to you. I know it will be hard to forgive me for all that I have done...but I do hope you will...even if it takes long...I will wait for you to accept me as your brother. I'm truly sorry for everything..."

I closed the notebook and looked up at Liam. Tears brimmed in my eyes as the words poured out of me.

"I don't know what to say Liam...I just don't know...", I seemed to have lost the ability to form a coherent sentence after reading his heartfelt words.

But, I knew I had to say what I truly felt.

Liam's eyes searched mine with a sense of urgency, wanting to desperately know what I thought.

"Liam, I forgive you..."

"Jesus Christ....", Henry muttered under his breath.

I ignored him and turned my attention back to Liam.

I saw a flood of relief and happiness appear on Liam's face. He beamed at me.

"I forgive you...but...I can't..."

At that moment, Liam's face fell.

"I can't forget all you did to me....I don't know if I can ever get past everything. But, if there is one thing you can do to rectify your mistakes...it's that you cooperate with Mr Garrett.", I said with certainty.

Before I could say another word, his voice rang loud and clear.

"You f**king b*tch".

Hi guys! I know I have been away from Wattpad for such a long time. I'm so so sorry about that. I wasn't able to get on wattpad and write much :(

Anyways, I'll try to update the next chapter as soon as I can. Hope you guys enjoy this chapter. Thanks for reading bye! :)