Chapter 48

Alyssa's POV

It was his voice.

He must have got his voice back somehow or was a good actor to convince the doctors to think he had suffered neck trauma and couldn't speak. I'm sure the tests done on him must have shown otherwise. I have no idea but Liam must have been persistent. He must have gone the extra mile to prove that he really couldn't speak. To think that he could even fool the doctors...

The only reason I was so insistent in meeting him was to let him know that he had to go to jail to pay for his mistakes. I could never forgive or forget what he had done. I had to see him once more to tell him that he was going rot in jail. I was just waiting for the bad Liam to come out of hiding. There was no way I was going to help him out of this case by acting as the "good" brother. I was done being the victim.

"I'm going to kill you!", Liam yelled and lunged for me.

At that moment, it felt like everything was in slow motion. I heard Dad and Henry scream my name and the sound of Mr Garrett's hurried footsteps approaching us.

Adrenaline coursed through me. Without a second thought, I grabbed the pen that was on the bed and stabbed it as hard as I could down on his thigh.

His piercing scream echoed throughout the room.

In a split second, Mr Garrett had restrained both his hands behind his back and cuffed him. Liam struggled to get out of his grasp. The pen was still jammed deep in his thigh.

"You stupid b*tch! You are going to pay for this!", he spat at me.

"No, you are the one who is going to pay for all you did! You think I came here to forgive you? No way in hell am I going to accept you as my brother, you sick f**k!! I will never forgive you and you are finally going to the place that you belong in. Hope you rot in jail!"

I was shocked by the words that came out of me. I couldn't believe I was even capable of cursing at someone. I was breathless and my body trembled with anger.

"This isn't over yet! Mark my words, I will come after you again and make you regret every single second of your life!" his piercing eyes burned into mine and his words caused shivers to run down my spine.

Liam continued to howl in pain while he attempted to remove the pen from his thigh. It wasn't long before panicked nurses and doctors rushed in to see what the commotion was about. They began to attend to Liam's injured thigh.

I couldn't be in the room anymore and had to leave. I rushed out the door, leaving Dad and Henry behind. I  moved towards the nearest exit to get some fresh air.

I felt weak to my knees. I found the nearest seat and collapsed on it. I put my head in my hands and began crying. Everything had come to an end but the wound was still fresh and deep within me.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up to see Henry in his wheelchair.

"Baby, what happened? Are you ok?", Henry took my hands in his and squeezed them.

"Do you know how painful it is to be hated by those who are supposed to love you...Anna hated me, Liam hates me...and you hated me too...", I sobbed.

"I'm so sorry baby, for hurting you so much! I was a blind idiot that failed to see your love and took it for granted. I was mean to you, manipulated you threatened you....yet you still chose to forgive me. What...what if you chose not to forgive me like Liam?", tears pooled in Henry's eyes.

"I really wanted to forgive Liam...but I can't. He tried to kill us..especially you. I can't bear if something were to happen to you. I know you were a huge egoistic idiotic jerk to me..."

Henry chuckled through his tears and so did I.

"But...what matters is where we are now...who we are with each other. I have always loved you even when you didn't realise. It just took you longer to see it. Henry, I want us to put our past behind and move forward...for our baby".

Without a word, Henry grabbed my face and planted a soft adoring kiss on my lips. He didn't have to say anything else. It was all I needed from him. To be loved by Henry and I finally won his heart.

"I love you so much, Alyssa"

"I love you too, Henry. Always have and always will"

Hi lovelies, this is the final chapter of this book. There's still an epilogue after this chapter. Don't forget to read that guys. Thanks for reading bye! :)