Chapter 11

(Roman's POV)

Song - Never Be The Same: Camila Cabello

It's been twenty hours since Depression disappeared; since Virgil told me that he loved me. I still have no idea what happened, all I remember was falling asleep after I found Virgil in his mind ....and then Virgil kissing me. The haunted look in his eyes still scar me, he had the eyes and desperation of one close to death.

That's when Depression appeared, bleeding and weak. He sent Virgil a look of pure hate before... simply disappearing. I was quick to tell Logan and Patton, but even they couldn't work out what happened. That leads me to now, all of us are sitting in Virgil's room waiting for him to wake. He's been asleep for twenty solid hours, and I'm beginning to get worried, even though Logan assures me he's alright. I run my hand through his soft, purple hair, just thankful that he's safe. I look at his scarred, gaping wrist; hopefully we can help Virgil work through that as well.

"So explain what happened again?" Patton sighs in distress, breaking the oppressive silence hanging over us all, a faint line of black under his eyes from being so close to Virgil. 

"You know he's told you that 4 times already, right?" Logan rolled his eyes, moving his gaze subtly to Virgil's face. "Anway, it looks like he's about to wake up soon,"

We all moved our gaze back to Virgil's face, too lost in our own thoughts to make more conversation. Virgil stirred, turning in his drowsy state to stretch his stiff limbs. As he gradually regained his awareness, his breathing increased, getting louder and more irregular. "Is he alright?" I questioned Logan. I hope he wasn't having another panic attack.

"I think he's just in shock. Wait for him to wake up fully before talking to him."

As if on cue, Virgil's eyes flew open, wild and scanning the room. He relaxed, setting his eyes on Patton before traveling to Logan and me. I swallowed, would he be alright? "Depression is gone," Virgil stated almost blissfully before slumping back into his bed. My eye's sought Logan's, what should I do? Should I talk to Virgil yet? Logan nodded at me as if reading my thoughts, and I cautiously stepped next to Virgil's black bedside table. 

"Virgil," I cleared my throat before continuing, "I- are you ok?"

"Never been better," he replied. Patton and Logan locked eyes, what were they thinking? This is a good sign, isn't it?

Virgil looked at us through his fringe, suddenly alarmed by the stillness of the room. "Why, has something happened?"

Logan silenced us before we could comfort Virgil, "You've been asleep for twenty hours and honestly, we need to know what happened to Depression."

"Hasn't Roman told you yet," Virgil shifted his gaze in my direction.

"Ah... no, I haven't. I don't even understand it myself. That's why we've been waiting for you," 

"Well," Virgil's face flushed red and he continued reluctantly in a quiet voice, "basically when I... kissed Princey, Depression got weaker. I don't... I don't know why either."

"Oh my GOSH! Roman, you didn't tell us you two kissed!" Patton squealed, lifting the mood at once. 

I could feel my face gradually turn a shade of red, but I tried my best to maintain my dignity. "I didn't think it was important..." I reasoned. I also wanted to be sure that Virgil actually felt something for me before I got my hoped us, but I'm not going to tell them that.

"On the contrary, it is very important," Logan announced, his eyes twinkling, "I think that the emotions caused by your kiss must have overrided the feelings caused by Depression. It must have given Virgil a reason to live, causing him to be stronger than Depression and ultimately taking his energy instead of Depression taking his."

"I don't understand what you just said but - awwww they're in love!" Patton squealed, causing both Virgil and Roman to blush simultaneously. 

"I- you - ugh just get out of my room!"