Forgive and Forget

Vlad stepped to the side, allowing Danny to enter his house. He then locked the doors and led Danny into the mansions' large living room, guestering for the ghost boy to sit on the couch, while Vlad took up his favorite recliner. A few sips of tea later, Vlad finally broke the silence.

"Are things getting any better Daniel?" He paused to take another sip of tea, "Do you think you'll be able to go back to school anytime soon?"

"Things are still complicated.... My Mom and Dad wanted to talk about it-"

"That's good! Did you guys work out something-?"

"I left before they could really say anything..." Danny interrupted. Vlad sighed and shook his head slightly.

"I couldn't stay.... I don't want to talk about it with them. I know they blame me, at least my Dad does," Danny clutched his cup in his hands, fighting the urge to cry.

"Danny, I know it's hard but you have to talk it out eventually... you've already talked to me plenty of times about it, why would talking with your parents be any different?" Vlad could see from where he was sitting that tears were building up in Danny's eyes, he knew he was scared and that he blamed himself for what happened. Finally Vlad stood and kneeled in front of Danny.

"Hey, look at me Daniel," Danny's watery eyes slowly met with Vlad's bright ones and Danny finally let the tears fall, "I know it's hard, I've lost people too, but you have to talk about it. Nothing is going to get better if you don't talk it through and make up with your family,"

"I want to Vlad but... but it's so hard!" Danny sobbed and grabbed the older man into a hug, crying into his shoulder, "My Mom, she's afraid of me! My Dad blames me! I blame myself! Vlad, there's no way out of this.... I need help but I can't. I know you're helping me and I am so grateful for that but, it's just so hard to forgive myself and I-" Danny couldn't speak any more, his sobs cutting off his words. He hugged Vlad tighter and surprisingly Vlad hugged back. He calmly rubbed circles on Danny's back, trying to soothe the distressed ghost boy. Vlad knew he wasn't the best at comforting people and that only a few weeks ago Danny had been his 'greatest' enemy, but right now none of that mattered. Danny's cries died down and finally he muttered quiet words to the ever patient Vlad.

"They know that I haven't been going to school Vlad.... Did I tell you that?" Vlad shook his head and Danny sniffed sadly, "I don't want to go back home now, not ever. I'm in so much trouble for everything Vlad, sometimes I think..." He stopped, wondering if his next words would be too much, wondering if he even really meant them.

"You think what, little badger?" Danny took a deep breath and pulled away from Vlad, wiping his eyes with the sleeve of his long sleeve t-shirt.

"It's stupid and wrong to think like this, I know... but sometimes I just think it was better off if I fully died that day. Everyone would have been so much better off... Jazz would be alive, you wouldn't have had to fight with me all of those times..." Danny trailed off in thought, "Everything would have so much better if I was the one who had died,"

"No..." Vlad finally spoke, a stern look on his face. As soon as Vlad spoke, Danny knew he had messed up.

"What do you mean-"

"How stupid can you be Daniel!" Vlad stood half glaring, half crying.

"Vlad... I really didn't mean-"

"I know... I know..." Vlad grit his teeth and ran a hand through his messy hair, "It's just... I thought the same thing when it first happened to me," Vlad pulled at the sleeves of his shirt allowing a bit of his wrist to be shown. They were faint but Danny could see the many scars that ran up and down Vlad's wrists.

"Vlad... I'm so sorry-"

"It's not your fault Danny, " Vlad pulled his sleeve back down and pulled Danny in a hug again, "I just want you to know that you aren't alone... and that I can help you. Just please don't make the same stupid decisions as I did... promise me Daniel, that you won't hurt yourself. I couldn't stand to lose someone else," Danny nodded quickly and embraced Vlad again.

"I promise Vlad, I promise...."

"Please forgive me for all those times that we fought I'm so so sorry if I hurt you, if I could take it all back I would, I truly would," The two broken halfas hugged so tightly that they almost couldn't breathe.

"I forgive you Vlad," Danny ginned through his tears.

"I promise you that we will help each other to forgive..." Vlad gave a half hearted smile back.

"Together we will learn to forgive and forget..."

I have not been updating on time :D :D :D :D so to make up for that I will be updating three times today!!! I have just been so busy and stuff has been happening... thank you all for being so understanding and patient when I don't update... I love you all my little mini muffins!!! I'm truly so grateful to all of you!!! I hope you all had a great Christmas/are having a great break!!! I got a new computer (an apple computer) and I'm trying so hard to learn how to use imovie and crap... so hopefully I can figure that out soon enough... oh well enough about that!!! Enjoy and have a great day everyone!!! 

:P

P.s. If I don't update two more times after this feel free to (nicely yell at me XXD