Confession of a Different Kind

I'm trying this again!!! Hopefully it will upload!!! T_T

The next day, Danny got dressed early and headed down stairs to eat breakfast with his parents for the first time in a long time which they were delighted with. Danny just wanted to get the day over with.

The walk to school was torcherous. Danny kept imagining Sam walking up to him and confronting him on why he's been gone so long. He hadn't thought up what he was going to say yet, but he figured he had better start with the truth. Of course they knew about Jazz and what happened but they had no idea Danny had been skipping school to go see his 'arch enemy' Vlad. They would think he was crazy for taking comfort in someone who had tried to kill him more than once. But throughout his visits he had found that Vlad had shared his same pain though a bit differently. While Danny was lost deep in thought, he hadn't realized that he had already made it to school.

"DANNY!!" A very sleep deprived Sam screamed while running up to him.

"Where have you been?! Do you know how worried Tucker and I have been?! What the hell Danny! I know you've been going through a hard time but you can't just cut yourself off from everyone! Do you even know how much-"

"Nice to see you too Sam," Danny smiled weakly at the worried goth girl. She instantly pulled him into a hug to hide her tears.

"I was so worried Danny...." Danny hugged back loosely.

"Where's Tucker? I need to talk to the both of you after school," Danny pulled away from the hug and started looking around. Sam wiped her eyes, smearing her eyeliner a bit before answering.

"He's probably in the gym for the science fair right now, the judging starts in just a few minutes," Danny grinned.

"We should go support him!" Without waiting for her answer, Danny was making his way across the school to the gym.

Upon entering he immediately caught sight of his friend. He looked horrible; bags under his eyes, blotchy patches of red across his cheeks, slightly red and bloodshot eyes. At least Sam could cover up her misery with her makeup, Tucker didn't own any, let alone how to use it. Danny felt terrible for the pain his friends had to go through, and felt even worse about the news he would be sharing with them soon. Without another thought Danny called out to Tucker.

"Tucker! Hey!" Danny ran over to where he was, grinning all the while. Tucker's eyes went wide.

"Danny! Where have you been?! Do you know how worried sam and I were?! Do you know-"

"Yeah, yeah, Sam already yelled at me for ditching you guys and stuff, look I'm sorry," Danny laughed, throwing an arm around his friend's shoulder, "Now what did you make for this science fair?"

Tucker was more than happy to present his latest science project to his two best friends. It was all going well until judging started.

"All contestants to the front!" One of the judges yelled. Tucker grinned and waved as he made his way up to the front of the room as they announced the winners.

"Congratulations Tucker Foley! You get first place!" Danny and Sam erupted into yells of joy as the rest of the kids in the gym just clapped. Tucker grinned at them from the front of the room as he was awarded his first place trophy. Everything was going great... how did it end up like this.

WOOSH! Ember's sound waves from her guitar broke all of the windows in the school.

"No, no, no, why does she have to be doing this now?!" Danny screamed at himself.