three

— once again

there was not a day that minseo didn't shed a tear

there was not a day that minseo didn't shed a tear. she was fragile like a glass but she never let herself get broken for she knows— she knows that when she does, another will bleed.

she was selfless, thinking of those people around her before herself, be it a stranger or a friend. her heart was made of paper that sometimes she herself gets a cut from it. ironic isn't it? sometimes the only reason why we are hurting is ourselves.

but it was okay. she is okay, the tears she's shedding will dry and she'll smile as if nothing happened. her brother admired her still for she sheds every tear and takes her time drying it herself.

sometimes, she wished that someone would hold their hand out for her to take but shakes that thought right away because the question is, will she take it?

she doesn't want anyone to get caught up in her messy life. minseo clenched her fists and cried harder. seungmin is still upset, he doesn't even look at her whenever they're together, her brother was doing fine but she's afraid that his sickness will get worse again.

she's slowly running out of money to buy his so many medicines, they still had to eat 3 meals a day and she still has bills to pay. it was hard but she'll surely find a way.

just let me cry. she thought. it's the only way to ease the pain.

suddenly, she heard footsteps coming her way and quickly wipe away the tears still streaming down her face. why would that someone even come at an abandoned playground? many people find it creepy, that's why they didn't even think of stepping a foot in there.

"don't wipe those tears away. let it all out." that voice was familiar. she looked up to find out who that voice belongs to, to confirm if it is really him.

it is him. the guy who saved her from that drunk man.

"wh—" he cut her off with a sigh and sat at the swing beside her. looking away, she continued to wipe her tears.

"didn't i tell you to stop doing that?" she did stopped and bit her lip. a tear sliding down from her left eye but she didn't bother wiping it away, just like he said.

"why?" hyunjin shrugged and looked at the setting sun. "it's the only way to let all the pain go. you don't have to wipe those tears away if you're still not ready. just cry. no one is stopping you."

somehow it gave her comfort, she doesn't even know his name and for all she know, she might be dangerous but how could he be dangerous when she feels secured whenever he's around?

hyunjin himself doesn't even know why he's so concerned about this girl named minseo. did he pity her? yes. pity was the word. i just pity her. he thought.

but does it involve watching her from afar and making sure she's safe everytime she goes home?

"i'm okay now." minseo said as she looked down at the ground. she didn't have the courage to look at him not because he was undeniably attractive but because she felt embarrassed. she felt like she didn't deserved to be treated like that.

"hmm look up." she did as she was told and watch the sunset. her lips slightly parting as she admired it's beauty. it's been so long since she last saw the sun setting. 

"breathtaking isn't it?" she could only nod.

"wanna know the story behind it?" she averted her gaze away from the sun and looked at him. "there's a story?" he chuckled at her words.

"i just made it up."

"oh, i don't mind." he faced her and looked at her straight in the eyes. he could clearly see his reflection and for a second, he found himself lost at it.

"the sunset is always adored by many people because of it's ethereal beauty and serenity but it's actually tragic how it appears in the morning and then leave after a few hours." she noticed that his eyes were a little sad while he was telling her that and she wondered what was going on in his mind.

"and then the moon appears to comfort us while the sun is gone but still, the moon reminds us of the sun because it only borrow its light." he paused and lightly smiled at her.

"we eventually learn to love it not because it reminds us of the thing that we once love but because it was the one who was there when we were in our darkest time."

"but just when we were learning how to love the moon, the sun appears once again. it's a never ending cycle."

"that's deep." she stated, he shrugged. "did you like it?"

"i do. but it's sad."

"no it's not." a look of confusion was evident on her face as those words left his lips.

"a part of us still longed for that something that we once love. so when we see a glimpse of light coming from our window, we feel hopeful. a new day, new hope for something different." she was rendered speechless at what he said and she found herself looking away.

the sky was slowly getting dark but none of them bothered to stand up yet. somehow, they felt comfort at each other despite knowing each other for about an hour.

"hyunjin. hwang hyunjin." he said breaking the silence.

"hyunjin? are you, by any chance a friend of seungmin?" he hummed and nodded. she just noticed the bruised that was on the side of his lip, it was healing but she was curious as to why he and seungmin had bruises planted on their faces.

were they involved in a fight? she hope not.

"bang minseo right?"

"yeah." judging from the uniform she was wearing the night that he saved her, he concluded that she wasn't from his school.

"it's getting dark. you should probably go home before it gets late." he said as he stood up and lend a hand. she took it and stood up.

"thank you hyunjin." she said as she adjusted the strap of her bag. hyunjin replied with a smile and replied "i'll see you around."

"i would love that." he turned his back at her and started walking at a slow pace as if he was still waiting for her to say something.

"oh and hyunjin!" he stopped but didn't bother to turn around.

"are you okay?" his eyes widened at her question and he took all the courage that was left in his aching soul as he turned to look at her and said those two words.

"i'm fine."

a/n:
aww hyunjin is so soft for her
how to be minseo im