seven

— smile

students chattering can be heard while walking their way out the big gates of the university that minseo was studying at

students chattering can be heard while walking their way out the big gates of the university that minseo was studying at. some students were planning on spending time with their friends while others are already going home since they have other priorities. one of this students was no other than minseo.

minseo waved a hand when she saw yedam. she called out for his name, yedam raised his head and waved back at his sister. quickly making his way onto her, he gave her a kiss on her cheek before saying something.

"can i hang out with a friend of mine for a while? i promise it won't take long!" how could she resist him when his smile reached his ears? sighing, she ruffled his hair and gave him a smile.

"okay. just take care ok?" yedam nodded, he grinned one last time at his sister before walking away. minseo noticed that yedam was far more happier these days, he's also teasing her twice as much and his smiles are brighter. she was happy for him but she can't help but get worried. afterall, yedam still wasn't fully healed. she was just afraid that this happiness will eventually turn out as pure agony in the end.

"boo!" minseo jumped and let out a shriek. her hand made it's way onto her chest. turning around, a glare was sent on the boy's way as he continued laughing.

"i'm sorry, teasing you is so much fun." hyunjin said in between laughs. minseo huffed and hit him on his head. they were getting comfortable with each other, sometimes hyunjin would randomly go to her school just to tease her. her reactions for him were so cute and funny. he can't help it.

minseo didn't even know if she should be glad since now, there are two persons who tease her just to entertain themselves. who are those two persons? yedam and hyunjin.

hyunjin's teasings was far more worse than yedam though. one time, he called her saying he needed help and she should go and see him in the park but when she got there, a balloon that was filled with water was thrown on her face.

even though he's like that, she catches him blanking out at times but she didn't bother asking why. hyunjin was the type of person to tell you something if he wanted to not, he'll open up, just not now for he still wasn't ready yet and minseo respected that.

just like how she respected seungmin, they were getting better. seungmin would greet her as if nothing happened but they haven't talked about what happened though but it was okay.

minseo was cut off her thoughts when hyunjin grabbed her wrist and pulled her along with him. minseo wasn't even suprised, it became a habit for him. the younger girl raised a brow at him and asked "where are we going?"

"somewhere."

"where's your motorcyle, by the way?" hyunjin stopped, his hand still holding her wrist. he sheepishly smiled and rubbed his nape. "about that, it kinda uh— you know?"

"what?"

"it got broken." worry was evident on her face, she gently took her wrist away from his grasp and folded his jacket up to his elbow. a bruised was on his arm and she was sure there were many more.

"i'm fine minnie." minseo would've cringe at the nickname if she wasn't worried. she gently traced the bruised with her delicate hands and looked up at him.

"just, be careful next time okay?" hyunjin nodded. "let's go!" he then continued on pulling her along with him. minseo looked at his smiling face but she can't help but wonder what scars is he hiding behind those? what story does he have to tell? how many tears did he failed to shed? how many smiles did he faked just so he can cover the fact that yes, hwang hyunjin does cry too.

minseo saw the abandoned playground she used to go to everytime that she was sad. as usual, there weren't that many people in that area. it was quiet, peaceful, solemn. this place reminded her of the time hyunjin approached her and told her some story. it was special though, for her.

they stopped in front of a tree. hyunjin let go of her wrist and turned around to look at her. she tilted her head at him and furrowed her eyebrows.

"what are we gonna do here?" hyunjin took out a cutter from his pocket and stab in onto the tree. "we're gonna carve something."

"huh?" hyunjin looked away from her confused face and chuckled lightly.

"you're so innocent minseo, it's cute." minsso's cheeks went red and an awkward silence engulfed the both of them. hyunjin's cheeks were also tainted red out of embarrassment.

"did i really say that?"

he coughed and said "anyways, what do you want to carve?"

"i don't know? you decide." minseo shrugged and sat on the grass.

"alright." hyunjin replied and proceeded to carve something on the tree. minseo was just looking at his back the whole time. when he was finished, he covered the thing he made using his hand and lookes at the girl.

minseo stood up and attempted to removed his hand but he stopped her. "let me see jinnie." hyunjin chuckled at his nickname and hesitently removed his hand away. there in the tree carved:MINNIE ♡ JINNIE

minseo covered her face using her hands for she was too flustered to look at him in the face. her cheeks were burning red and she silently cussed at hyunjin for being so— so sweet. she was the type to appreciate the little things and his effort made her feel special.

"hey, don't be shy." hyunjin removed her hands away from her face and held it with his own. "minseo, you've become a special person in my life and i don't want to lose you." tears were threatening to spill from her eyes but she blinked it away. she smiled gently at him and said "me too hyunjin, me too."

"promise me you'll always be my friend?" hyunjin said as he raised his pinky finger, the girl laughed and wrapped her pinky finger around his.

"i promise hyunjin."

"oh and minseo?" she hummed and looked at him.

"the next time we see each other, i want you to smile twice as wide." she was special to him and he too was able to find a place in her heart. they were friends and they weren't planning on each other alone to fight their own battles. no, they'll always stay.

it was slowly getting dark, faint breathing can be heard not that far from where they are but they didn't heard it for the two teens were to endulge in their conversations and laughters. the guy's eyes stayed looking at them and observing their every move as he dialed a number on his phone.

"i saw him but he got company, it's a she." the person on the other line chuckled darkly before replying.

"good. keep an eye on her."

a/n:
a slight (?) break from the
angst bc the real angst is
about to start (≧∇≦)
also unedited just bc