four

- him

the ticking of the clock can be heard as costumers slowly left the place

the ticking of the clock can be heard as costumers slowly left the place. a sigh escape minseo's lips as she looked at seungmin fixing his things. he still didn't talk to her after she said her plans and now she was gonna confront him about that matter.

"seungmin." her soft voice lingered in the silent room as he stopped from what he was doing. his back still facing her. biting her lip nervously, she said "i'm sorry."

he still didn't turn around. he heard her, pain was evident in her voice but still, he still wasn't ready yet. he was also angry at himself because he can't find the courage to forgive her and he was frustrated because when? when is he going to stop being selfish and accept her apology? when she's gonna leave soon?

minseo can feel tears building up in her eyes. the eyes are the gates to one's soul, sometimes through this, we can know what they really feel and the words that was left unsaid and sometimes those words are conveyed through the tears we shed.

she walked up to him and held his wrist. "seungmin, please say something. i'm sorry." he gently pulled his hand away from her grasp and faced her. tears were streaming down her face and he ignored every urge screaming at him to wipe those tears away.

"i'm sorry too because i still can't find the courage to pretend that everything's fine. that i'm fine." please let me be selfish, please. just this time. he thought.

she looked down as she slowly nodded. "i— i understand." both of them were hurting each other, they were aware of that but what else can they do? they're just two broken souls trying to fix themselves.

smiling bitterly at her, he patted her shoulder before leaving.

meanwhile, hyunjin looked through the glass door of the shop and saw seungmin leaving. he wasn't the reason why he decided to go there though, minseo was.

he finds it weird how everytime he catches her crying, he has the urge to wrap her in his embrace and let her tears stain his shirt until she's okay. he wanted to protect her, the question in his mind remains unanswered.

when seungmin was out of sight, he walked his way to the shop and opened the door. minseo quickly turned her back to the person who entered the shop and hastily wiped away her tears.

"why do i always catch you crying?" minseo stopped when she heard that voice. hyunjin sighed as he pulled her by her wrist and wrapped his arms around her figure.

the younger girl's eyes widened but when hyunjin started drawing circles on her back, her shoulders shook with sobs as she buried her face on his chest and hugged him back. his hands made it's way onto her soft hair and he gently played with it.