twelve

— selfish

it was colder than usual in the streets of seoul, minseo rubbed her palm together to atleast keep her warm but to her dismay, she still felt cold

it was colder than usual in the streets of seoul, minseo rubbed her palm together to atleast keep her warm but to her dismay, she still felt cold. she doesn't even know what she was doing in that abandoned playground early in the morning. maybe because she misses a certain someone.

sighing, she averted her gaze from the swing and turned her attention to the words carved on a tree. tracing it with her cold hands, she let out a bitter chuckle.

"minnie heart jinnie huh?" an idea popped into her mind as she took a scissor from her bag. carefully, she started to carve something just under the words he did himself. her hands were starting to hurt but she didn't mind. sweat started forming on her forehead as she stick her tongue out and finished her work with a smile on her face.

she dropped the scissor onto the ground as she mentally read the words. she misses him. she misses hyunjin, his laugh, his teasings, his grin, she misses everything about him. the smile slowly faded from her lips at the thought of him.

they weren't okay and she blamed herself for it.

she could already see a glimpse of light in the sky, it was already dawn. a new day means a new hope to begin again and to hope for something different. for her, hyunjin was dawn itself. her life was dull and dark, not a glimpse of hues can be seen in there but when hyunjin entered the picture, she saw light. he was the beginning of something different. she was her dawn, her hope, her light.

minseo looked down at the ground and bit her lip, a tear dropping onto the grass until it was followed by another and another. she can already feel the metallic taste of blood upon biting too hard to keep any sound from escaping. hastily wiping her tears away, she felt someone's hand on her shoulder.

"didn't i tell you to stop doing that?" quickly turning around at the sound of that familiar voice, she wrapped her arms around his waist and cried on his chest. hyunjin heaved out a sigh as he closed his eyes and caressed her hair. he didn't care if his uniform was already soaked with her tears, he will let her cry until she was feeling okay. he will let her tears fall from her eyes but he will always— always be by her side.

minseo was the one who pulled away. she gave him a small smile as she held his hand. "what are doing here?"

hyunjin tightened his hold onto hers as he let out a chuckle "shouldn't i be the one asking you that?" the younger girl pouted at his words.

"i was the one who asked first." his laughter filled the dull area and minseo found herself looking at him with a wide smile on her face. she love seeing him like that, being carefree and happy but she promised herself that she would also be there for him everytime he cries. just like what he did to her.