five

- open up

the sound of the waves and minseo silently crying was the only thing that hyunjin can hear

the sound of the waves and minseo silently crying was the only thing that hyunjin can hear. it was late but they didn't care about anything as of the moment. hyunjin didn't even know why he cared so much for the girl, why he felt the need to protect her from any forms of danger and to let her cry until she was ready to smile again. and he was willing to wait just so he could see her lips form into a genuine smile.

maybe it was her eyes that made him feel what he is feeling right now. she reminded her of himself. everytime his image coruscate at her hues, the only thing he can see is a picture of a boy, lost, broken and wanting to be saved. her eyes screams agony but he can see a spark of hope. he admired her for that and he wished that he himself could cry out his pain, and so he was willing to let her cry, to shed ever tear that he failed to shed himself.

he looked at the girl beside him and patted her back gently as if he was afraid he could break her already broken self, as if she was the most precious thing he has ever held in his entire life. minseo sniffled and looked at the view in front of them.

"my parents died in an accident." she started off, hyunjin stopped patting her back but his hand stayed there. he averted his gaze to the sea as he listened to what she was going to say.

"i was left with my brother, yedam. it's hard, it's very hard to be a mother, a father and a sister all at once." he nodded but he didn't spoke a word. he was going to listen, he will let her spill every little thing that causes her pain and hope all at the same time.

"but i loved him dearly. he was the one who believed in me when i doubted myself, he was the one who was there, who never failed to make me smile. he was the reason why i'm even alive right now. he's my brother." tears were already threatening to fall from hyunjin's eyes. he remembered his deceased sister, he loved her too, more than she could ever know. she was the one who lended a hand everytime he falls down, the one who looks at him as if he can do anything.

"that's my brother!" oh how much misses her voice, if he could turn back time, he would. just to see her. even just a glimpse of her smiling face.

he blink the tears away and shook the thought off his head.

"my brother.. he kept saying that i'm such a strong person because i still keep on going even if it's hard for someone like me to work multiple jobs and study in the morning. he admired me for that but actually, he was the strong one between us. i wanted to tell him that."

"he's sick but he's getting better." minseo covered her face with her hands "but i'm scared, what if it comes back to cause him pain again? i can't afford that. i can't lose him." she said in between sobs.

"i don't know what to do if i lose him." hyunjin leaned her head on his shoulder. "you will not lose him, i know you can't help but to think of that but— you know what? trust him. he will never leave you. and just like what you said, yedam is strong." somehow, it calmed her down. she closed her eyes and sighed.

"seungmin's still upset."

"why?"

"i told him that i'll be leaving soon since the pay in the coffee shop wasn't enough anymore to satisfy our daily needs and yedam's medications."

"you have reasons, i'm sure he did understand, it's just that you really mean a lot to him that's why he's acting like that. just give him some time." minseo nodded slowly and closed her eyes just enjoying his presence, the cold breeze hitting her skin.

she only knew him for a few weeks but she trusted him, she felt comfort and safe whenever he's around. and besides, hyunjin was a good person. it might not be seen by others but he was. despite him having fights every week, a bruised cheek and lip at the end of those, all the words that left his mouth were deep but it'll give you comfort. it was sharp sometimes but no lie has ever escaped it.

no, she didn't love him that way. she love him as a friend and somehow he found a place in minseo's heart as someone important to her. she was lucky to have a friend like him, someone who will listen.

"hyunjin?"

"yeah?"

"i know i've said this a thousand times but thank you. thank you so much." hyunjin chuckled and ruffled her hair.

"stop that."

"why? i'm serious." she said, her eyebrows furrowed as she looked up at his smiling face.

"if you think that i'll stop being there everytime you cry, then i'm sorry to break it up to you but i won't. so stop saying that and better get used to it." minseo slightly smiled at him and nodded.

"ok, whatever you say."

"we haven't really properly introduced ourselves, have we?" minseo shrugged. hyunjin sat in a more comfortable position and faced her.

"well, let's start again! hwang hyunjin at you service, 17 years old and can rap." he said with a wink at the end which made minseo giggle.

"it's nice meeting you sir! i'm bang minseo, also 17 years of age. i don't sing nor rap but my brother does!" she enthusiastically said. the glimmer in her eyes says that her brother is really precious to her. hyunjin admired her for that, to love deeply and selflessly isn't an easy thing.

both of them laugh at their silliness. minseo wiped a tear that escaped her eye from laughing too much. hyunjin stood up and lend a hand at her in which she accepted, but without hesitation unlike before.

"it's getting late. i'll take you home."

the amount of trust minseo has on him made his heart flutter, she trusted him, someone stray like him.

for the first time in a long while, he felt happy.

a/n:
when will hyunjin stop on attacking
me and my loyalty eith felix smh
this also applies to all the members im