❦ Chapter Two ❦

❦ Chapter Two ❦

I awoke to screaming and a heavy lump laying on top of me.

"AHHHHHH!" A boyish voice screamed in my ear. I shot up to collide heads with someone, and my eyes shot open in surprise to see two hazel brown coloured orbs staring back at me. I immediately shrieked back at him and pushed myself back at the proximity between me and the hazel eyed boy.

I scooted too far back because before I knew it I had fallen off of the couch and onto the ground. "Awh man," I rolled onto my back moaning in pain. "I'm gonna feel that later on."

"Who the hell are you?" The boy yelled at me, clutching a pillow for protection. I scoffed at him, and slowly sat up. What if a zombie attacked him? How much use was a pillow going to be to him then?

"I could ask you the same question," I glared at the boy, rubbing my back in pain. "Who do you think you are waking up a poor girl by screaming in her ear?"

He folded his arms across his chest, "I think I have a right, seeing as this my house and live here." It clicked in my head who he was at the same moment as Mr Stilinski came barging down the downs the stairs with a gun. Just the look of it terrified me.

"What's going on?" He yelled. He saw the two of us, me on the ground next to the sofa, and the boy standing there with a confused look on his face. He looked around the room for any threat, then relaxed when he found none.

"I thought there was a burglary or something. What's with all the noise?" Mr Stilinski asked us.

The teenage boy looked at him appalled. "What do you mean what's with all the noise? There's a random teenage girl just casually sleeping on the couch, dad. How are you not freaking out right now?" 

Mr Stilinski shook his head. "Stiles, I told you we would be having company for a while."

The boy named Stiles cocked his head. "What?" I'm going to have a guess and guess that this boy is either quite slow, or just plain dumb.

The Sheriff face-palmed, and then faced me. "This would be my sixteen year old son, Stiles. Stiles this is... Uhm.." He and I both realized at the same time we had no idea what so call me.

I looked around the room to get an idea of what we could name me for the time being. Not that I was a pet or anything. I spotted a glittering rock, and immediately recognized the name for it. Opal. The name Opal sent shivers down my spine. It just felt like it fitted me, at least for the time being.

"Opal."I blurted out. "Call me Opal."

Mr Stilinski blinked a couple of times, and then smiled. "So why is she here again?" Stiles asked. His father dragged his hands down his face. "I'll explain all later, but you need to get your butt upstairs and get ready for school. Opal, would you be kind enough to follow me to your new bedroom?" He held out a hand for me. I grinned and took it, and he guided me up the stairs. He paused in front of a white door.

"Mind you, I haven't done anything with it yet. When I get some time off work we can decorate it any way you like." He told me. 

I nodded as he opened the door. A plain white room with a double bed to the side of the room stared back at me. The bed had simple light blue sheets and a wooden bedside table next to it. There was a built in wardrobe and a desk in the far corner. I flopped down gently on the bed being careful of my sore back, thanks to Stiles. "I like it," I said to him.

He gave me another smile. He turned to leave, and then stopped. "I just wanted to let you know I enrolled you into the high school my son goes to. You can start as soon as you can get some clothes and when you feel ready."