What's going on

Demi knows there's something going on with her sister Bella and she's dying to find out what's wrong

Demi POV

I was just about to leave my apartment to go and stay at my moms for a few days.

I missed my two little sisters. Bella is now 14 and Maddie is 12, they are so cute. They are literally each other's best friends, but are completely the opposite of each other. Bella won't even really use the internet or anything, she hides away from all social media. Part of me is glad about that, she doesn't get involved with the negative side of things. She is quite a quiet person really but is constantly in trouble at school, and Maddie's grades are always so much higher even though she's younger, I can't put my finger on why she behaves like that though.

Before I leave, I decide to give my mom a quick call to let her know I'm on my way. After about three rings she picks up.

Demi: hey momma

Diana: hey baby girl

Demi: you seem stressed, are you ok? I'm just about to leave

Diana: can you do me a favour, can you pick bella up from school on your way please. I've had another call from her principle. She's been fighting again, he's sending her home with work

Demi: sure no problem, I'm on my way

Diana: thanks baby, I'll see you soon

Demi: Bye momma

I left straight away and jumped in my car to go pick bella up. Durning these next few days I'm determined to get to the bottom of what's going on.

When I arrived at her school she was sat in a chair in reception, looking down and swinging her legs back and forth. Fear crossed her face when she looked up and realised I was walking towards her.

"Come on then you, let's get you home" I said, giving her a weak smile when i reached her.

She stood up and loosely took my hand I had held out to her and I went to sign her out.

"Do we have to go home?" She said, looking up at me with puppy dog eyes

"I'm afraid so baby girl, but if you explain to me what happened I might be able to calm mom down before she kills you" I said as I climbed back in the car.

"It doesn't matter" she mumbled and rested her head on the window.

"It does matter bella, you can't keep fighting like this"

"It wasn't my fault" she argued back

"Then tell me who's it was, tell me what happened" I begged

"Just leave it Demi"

"Fine, but you know you're gonna have to answer to mom right?"

"Whatever" she shrugged

The rest of the ride home was spent in silence, apart from the radio playing quietly. When I pulled up outside, bella grabbed her bag and took a very deep breath before walking up to the house. She knew what my mom was gonna be like. As we got inside she made a b-line for the stairs, she was close but not close enough.

"BELLA, DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT. KITCHEN NOW" my mom screamed

She slowly made her way to my mom and I followed behind her, placing my phone and keys down on the counter.

"Look at me bella" my mom said, a little calmer

Bella lifted her head to reach my moms eyes

"What happened this time bells?" She asked